• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I love this forum. A/An Introduction/Setup/Giddy Thank You

Kellen.D

I found this forum when I decided that my fanatical passion for music listening had grown too great to ignore. I'm a hard objectivist by nature. I've never made a purchase in my life without feverishly researching until my eyes stung from my moniter screen, for weeks at a time. That was until I wanted to find a speaker. I was immediatelly scared off from this forum. In every thread there was so much information, so much witty snark, nuanced and layered inside jokes I had no idea the context of, and for several months of working up the courage to participate in the "audiophile" word it finally clicked for me.

This place WASN'T an audiophile haven of snobbery! IT WAS A DEN OF WILDLY SARCASTIC OBJECTIVISTS AND HILARIOUS IRONY! I love this place, have loved this place for about 3 months. I'm finally making an account, but will likely continue lurking in my anxiety. Ive learned so much about the science of a passion Ive only known subjectively. About the physics. How to read all sorts of interesting graphs, interpret data, and even more advanced eqing options to correct the response of my room.

With all of your help, for just under 2 grand, Ive set up a fantastically linear 2.1, learned about so many interesting people, and had a priceless amount of fun along the way. I mean that golden eared audiophile roast that got stickied? I, a grown man, nearly p***ed myself laughing.

My System: Topping PA5/E50(for the extra digitals and rca to sub) Dennis Murphy, a greatly generous man, AAM+ mod for the P-E BR1 kit and what is unquestionably the best subwoofer under a thousand I have ever heard, a Rythmik L12 (in gloss white, a guilty pleasure.)

Super happy to be here with you all :)
Sincerely, Kellen.

Chester

You’re enjoying the hobby, and I salute you for doing so…..Welcome.

Top Bottom