• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I have now seen it alll ... my live is complete.. I can happily leave this mortal coil

OP
F

fatoldgit

So there is an instagram post from 14 Feb 2022 (which is part of the larger photo set on their website) with the large version... so it took them 9 months to announce their official release on 13 Oct.

So maybe they did have a few built ('The Army') and spent those 9 months polishing, polishing, polishing.

1666087705119.png

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Doesn't it come with labour to help install it ?
It should for that amount of money.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bet it's great for listening to music from old low-budget sci-fi movies.

SKBubba

speaker response curves ala Amir and others is totally missing.

Sort of like Rolls Royce listing horsepower as "adequate" and torque as "'sufficient" in their specifications. I guess if you have that kind of money to spend you're not that concerned with details.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sort of like Rolls Royce listing horsepower as "adequate" and torque as "'sufficient" in their specifications. I guess if you have that kind of money to spend you're not that concerned with details.
Well, some are. But if you just want a big silly looking toy, there it is!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't that the kind of intention we prefer here? Engineered implies a measurement base, and sounding implies a marketing base. We must think what we will of the appearance, but underneath the metalwork could be a decent loudspeaker. Probably bought in, from someone competent.
The problem is, "engineered" could apply just to the metalwork.

EDIT : Ninjad by fatoldgit

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Poor people buy stupid things, too. They just can't afford to spend as much :facepalm:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it will be very hard for them to get this reviewed and/or measured by anyone with any industry creed (i.e. something this serious needs an industry heavy weigh to bless it, not [and no disrespect intended] say The Part Time Audiophile or Audio Bacon

(1) I dont know but I would predict that the pair we see in the photos is it... the only ones in existence **

(2) based on the above and their weight, shipping these to anyone with any industry creed will be expensive/risky and they would need to fund it

(3) Most magazines that promote this level of stuff (stereophile***, TAS and their local British press) would likely not consider reviewing something so bespoke

Maybe I am wrong but I am sure if they were serious about their product they would have got reviews done already

Peter

** To quote "Thousands of hours go into the casting, engineering, construction and finishing of the Cosmotrons. The mirror finish on the speakers takes several months"

*** I know stereophile have rules around only reviewing gear where XXX numbers of dealers exist or if online only, some degree of financial history/stability/service behind the online presence
I was reminded of Hart Audio who managed to get his $5 million speakers reviewed by a couple of the major players https://www.soundandvision.com/content/hart-audio-dampw-aural-pleasure-speakers

My first thought when I saw these was that Hart must be involved but it seems not.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was reminded of Hart Audio who managed to get his $5 million speakers reviewed by a couple of the major players https://www.soundandvision.com/content/hart-audio-dampw-aural-pleasure-speakers

My first thought when I saw these was that Hart must be involved but it seems not.
Speaker out of gold? Let’s see, it 110 pound in bronze, that makes it about 100 KG in gold, each. This would cost about 5,4 million EUR with current prices. If they are only 1 million a pair, I’d say: go for it!

Cars-N-Cans

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Maybe it’s because I’m old, but I think it’s a ripoff of Tintin:
Lune.jpg
Interesting to look at something from the past since it captures the zeitgeist of that time. The fact that the rocket looks like a German V2 means it was after the war, but prior to the space race. I think this probably would have been right around the start of Von Brauns work at Redstone.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The fact that the rocket looks like a German V2 means it was after the war, but prior to the space race.

1953 quoted inside of the book.

1666130740443.png

Top Bottom