• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I have now seen it alll ... my live is complete.. I can happily leave this mortal coil

Dal1as

wow

I missed this bit in the spec:

Midwoofer 3 x 8” (22cm) Nextel Coated
Subwoofer 2 x 10” (25.4cm) High excursion
Tweeter 1 x 1.2” (28mm) Beryllium dome

Only three large speakers are visible in any of the pictures (maybe 2 mids and 1 sub) so lurking somewhere else are two others.

The tweeter appears to be at the top but maybe obscured by the grill?

Peter
Noticed that also. Maybe they made sub stacks that look like r2d2.

OP
F

fatoldgit

I'm obsessed!!!

Even more interesting is they have a face book page, the two most recent postings are this month.. and the 3rd most recent was 2014!!!!

So these babies are brand new!!!

1666080678917.png

Last edited:
OP
F

fatoldgit

Is that a d'Apollo-lito?

I have been looking at the photos (as they dont provide any schematics on the web site), the backs are all cylindrical... there is a port at the back but the weird think is it looks like only two of the three front facing speakers are the same and the one at the top looks larger/different (i.e. the subwoofer which is kinda strange) so that means we have two large drivers (1 x 8" and 1 x 10") inside the belly.

Anyways...

This photo shows the top driver is different from the other two and given there are two sub woofers, this must make this a subwoofer...at the top of the stack!!!

1666081775317.png

The back only shows a port and its located behind the sub woofer.. maybe the other subby is in the base downward firing..I thought there may be a port in the base put it appears to be blocked

1666081283721.png

We see in this reflection that the what might have been a port is in fact closed off:

1666082414965.png

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well they're heavy; Mass 325kg

I'd be worried it was going to start moving and saying "exterminate, exterminate";
There's an army of them:
Cosmo-37.jpg

They even have wheels, so can actually move around o_O

Funny how the official website has not even one relevant spec. For a company claiming:
WW and M, who conceived, designed and built the Cosmotron speakers, had one objective: To create, in all respects, the most beautiful and best engineered loudspeakers on Earth.
That's odd at best :rolleyes:

OP
F

fatoldgit

Funny how the official website has not even one relevant spec. For a company claiming:

That's odd at best :rolleyes:

indeed...

I have been over the website with a fine tooth comb (wasnt difficult!!) and its just nice photos and a video with some trippy music.

Maybe they have been to busy too update the website but its taken them 8 years to go from announcement to having something to sell so you would think that gave ample time to add some meat to the website.

Time for this old git to hit the sack.. my research is done, my interest sated.

Peter

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like the treble is coaxially mounted in the topmost midbass/midrange the grill is removable, but there is no pics with it off

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe... as per the facebook post of 13 Oct... the first pair were just released so maybe just a good "photoshop" rendition.
Maybe this is the 6.x home theatre setup. Buy 4, get 2 free?

As for a render or photoshop, if it is, it's a very good one. The highlights of all of them are in different places, the photo has plenty of chromatic aberrations. One could conceivably just keep the camera at one stop, move a single speaker around, and compose them all together. However, in the base, you can see the reflection of the one in front. That also could be solved with composition, then you just photograph them in pairs (one behind the other) and compose them together that way.

.. or it could be real ;)

OP
F

fatoldgit

It looks like the treble is coaxially mounted in the topmost midbass/midrange the grill is removable, but there is no pics with it off

yes... thats what I thought given the white inner ring (and its 100% the subwoofer.. see above) but I would have thought the details on HiFI Pig would have stated that and it states its a dome tweeter which even with the lack of light in the photo doesnt appear to match what I see

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1666084354259.png

FLYM9TNUYAEou40

Last edited:
OP
F

fatoldgit

Maybe this is the 6.x home theatre setup. Buy 4, get 2 free?

As for a render or photoshop, if it is, it's a very good one. The highlights of all of them are in different places, the photo has plenty of chromatic aberrations. One could conceivably just keep the camera at one stop, move a single speaker around, and compose them all together. However, in the base, you can see the reflection of the one in front. That also could be solved with composition, then you just photograph them in pairs (one behind the other) and compose them together that way.

.. or it could be real ;)

Its really hard to pick the big ones from the small ones so this could be 6 x small ones.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yes... thats what I thought given the white inner ring (and its 100% the subwoofer.. see above) but I would have thought the details on HiFI Pig would have stated that and it states its a dome tweeter which even with the lack of light in the photo doesnt appear to match what I see
Cosmotron-271a-topaz-denoise-enhance-sharpen.jpg
Cosmotron-131a-topaz-enhance.jpg

Cosmotron-130-St-Asaph-051-1-scaled-topaz-enhance.jpg

It looks like they stuck a dome tweeter through the middle, maybe giving it a little waveguide? I doubt this will measure well.
Its really hard to pick the big ones from the small ones so this could be 6 x small ones.
The base is not the same, so they must replace that, as well as the grill and drivers (the little ones are MTM's, clearly different driver setup). And then have it all match the lighting. It's easier to just log around two big ones.

OP
F

fatoldgit

It looks like they stuck a dome tweeter through the middle, maybe giving it a little waveguide? I doubt this will measure well.

The base is not the same, so they must replace that, as well as the grill and drivers (the little ones are MTM's, clearly different driver setup). And then have it all match the lighting. It's easier to just log around two big ones.
hehe

your as obsessed as I am.

I couldnt be bothered doing a deep inspection to work out if the tweeter was embedded so thanks for that... just leaves the mystery of where the other two large drivers lurk.

Even though the grills are removable, my limited knowledge would suggest that grills that massive, left on, would be bad so why design them like that at all (except to add to the look) cause anyone with sense would remove them

I tried to get a date on the website image of "The Army" but its hidden behind a WordPress uploader so we cant see if it is maybe a fake photo (i.e. if its quite old then that increases the probability)

Maybe someone with better knowledge than me can work it out.

Maybe the reason it has taken the 8 years between the 2014 FB post and the official launch on 13 Oct 2022 is they were building lots of these but from a business perspective (unless the backers are well heeled/playing a long game) it makes no sense.

Peter

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I couldnt be bothered doing a deep inspection to work out if the tweeter was embedded so thanks for that... just leaves the mystery of where the other two large drivers lurk.
They are in the base.
Maybe the reason it has taken the 8 years between the 2014 FB post and the official launch on 13 Oct 2022 is they were building lots of these but from a business perspective (unless the backers are well heeled/playing a long game) it makes no sense.
Well, they said the polishing takes thousands of hours...

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Who is going to have 1 drop-shipped to Amir ?

Top Bottom