• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

i catch a cold

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
hey hello
How a cold can change how i do hear?
I mean, im hearing my speakers with dark sounding and without bass xD, it that possible? i feel like i turn up the volume and the speakers still sound weak or something like that

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First things first why are you catching a cold, it'll give you a freeze burn.. jokes aside. When you have a cold, chances are there is fluid in the cochlea of the ear and the sinuses which would dampen the auditory response. This in my assumption leads to you wanting to crank up the volume because things sound mute or low compared to when you dont have a cold.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
hey hello
How a cold can change how i do hear?
I mean, im hearing my speakers with dark sounding and without bass xD, it that possible? i feel like i turn up the volume and the speakers still sound weak or something like that
It is absolutely possible, that your hearing is influenced by a cold. I hope Google translator made a good job: check out Tubular catarrh for instance.

BTW. : get well soon ;o)

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
First things first why are you catching a cold, it'll give you a freeze burn.. jokes aside. When you have a cold, chances are there is fluid in the cochlea of the ear and the sinuses which would dampen the auditory response. This in my assumption leads to you wanting to crank up the volume because things sound mute or low compared to when you dont have a cold.
i thinked the app from the music was at 50% of volume at the first time, i think it's just the cold im pretty sure
Hope the cold get away i want to enjoy my speakers XD

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
It is absolutely possible, that your hearing is influenced by a cold. I hope Google translator made a good job: check out Tubular catarrh for instance.

BTW. : get well soon ;o)

Yeah i mean, im pretty sure is the cold, i drop some white mucus in the toilet paper and was kind of a lot, if i remember correctly the white colour means the cold is under control and should get away quickly

Last edited:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
besides alterations of perception and inflammatory responses, your sinuses are clogged

Top Bottom