• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex FA235 issues and questions

rulez007

Hello Everyone,
I've recently built my dream speakers, full accuton (s221, c90, c30) with the Hypex FA253 in a 50L fully closed box. Everything works flawlessly and super happy about the build, but need to finish the boxes nicely hence no build thread yet, but its coming ;)
My issues are: the left side of the amps seems to be 4db more loud. I have to accentuate it and now its fine, but its a bit concerning as i have a pretty simetrical room and good treatment (music studio). The other is that the amps need to be connected to usb before they wake up. Super strange as the input is defined to AES still until it gets recognized first my computer I get no sound. After its recognized, then I can unplug and no problems.
Im driving the hypex digital through an rme adi2-pro fs and somehow it feels a bit more crispy with the digital signal compared to the analog but probably there is hardly any difference.
What is your experiences with these amps? Any similar findings? Any solution maybe?
Many thanks,
R

OP
R

rulez007

Here is a picture in case you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 81

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Have you tried to change over the two plate amps to see if problem still exist?

Next go to settings to see if there is any difference in settings that might cause it.

Final step is contact Hypex. They are quite responsive.

OP
R

rulez007

Thanks for the response, I indeed contacted hypex but actually I figured out the issue myself. Somehow the filters were funny, I added proper lr4 filters and everything went back to normal, so I guess it was a software issue in the end. All good now and everything sounds phenomenal! Thanks so much!

Top Bottom