• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Stream Amazon HD Music to My DAC?

OP
Bobo77

Bobo77

Looks like Amazon developers finally nailed gapless streaming on the FireStick. Last AMHD app update now plays album tracks without interruptions on my FireStick 4K. It only took them one and a half year, LOL. App version is 3.3.794.0.

Needless to say, it also plays at up to full 24bit/192kHz resolution here. Just get rid of your AVR and use HDMI extractor instead (one of the recommended models).

"Get rid of my AVR" ?
Are you going to come to my house and power my speakers?

Bamyasi

Does it have coax or optical input? Then use it instead of HDMI for feeding audio from extractor. Alternatively, try plugging extractor's HDMI output into AVR, not the other way round. The important thing is to prevent EDID negotiation between AVR and FireStick since most AVRs has their HDMI firmware broken and won't recognize/support 24-bit high-rate digital audio requested by FS, falling back to 16 bit and sometimes even downsampling it to 48 kHz.

Piedrinche

OK...you guys are smart, I am not! LOL! I have a modern AVR 5.1 set-up that works damn well, "for me". I can do my 4K movie thing and stream my Amazon Ultra HD in stereo 2.1 mode in full rez there using HEOS on my Marantz. It works. (Just don't get me started on the primitive HEOS App interface..LOL! ). Because I am SINGLE I have just unboxed and hooked up my cheap Chinese tube amp ($1000) to a old set of Goldenear Aon 3's which I have plopped right on top of my MA Silver 100’s in my living room. Currently, I am feeding the tube amp with a Woo Audio CD Transport to an Anedio D2 DAC. SOOOOOO much fun comparing the sounds of the two systems with the "same" music. Stunningly different. FUN...FUN....FUN!!!
So...my question is...How can I directly feed (via WiFi?) my Amazon stream at full resolution to my DAC from my iPad? Is there an inexpensive way to implement that, seeing as I already have a DAC, I just need the data feed with no conversion. When I try to research this topic it gets complicated and technically above my pay grade. I think using the spare co-ax input on my DAC is the way to go, as the optical input, I believe will bottleneck some of the higher resolution files. I am obviously looking for the best signal that I can get. Thanks to anyone with suggestions!
I connect my TV's HDMI ARC to an ARC EXTRACTOR and it sends the digital signal to my Khadas DAC Tone board I.

Top Bottom