• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to deal with floorboards

conqueeftador

Trying to improve a tough room. Upstairs with floorboards, pretty porous. Room is 3x6m. Front 3x3 is the HT, rear is an office which makes it a bit tough as I like to slide around on my office chair (which reminded me of getting sacked for doing this in an office nearly 20 years ago, nothing changes)

For the front half I have some 3mm rubber I was going to duct tape to the skirting board, then some 20mm acoustic foam panels and a shag rug to go onto of all that. Acoustic panels are on the walls, behind the TV and some bass traps in the corners but I am unsure as what to do with the rear half of the floor.

Haven't got a massive budget as I've spent all of it on audiophile power cables.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are you sure that you need to do anything? Measurements will give you a better idea.

Emlin

Trying to improve a tough room. Upstairs with floorboards, pretty porous. Room is 3x6m. Front 3x3 is the HT, rear is an office which makes it a bit tough as I like to slide around on my office chair (which reminded me of getting sacked for doing this in an office nearly 20 years ago, nothing changes)

For the front half I have some 3mm rubber I was going to duct tape to the skirting board, then some 20mm acoustic foam panels and a shag rug to go onto of all that. Acoustic panels are on the walls, behind the TV and some bass traps in the corners but I am unsure as what to do with the rear half of the floor.

Haven't got a massive budget as I've spent all of it on audiophile power cables.
Ditching the cables and engaging brain would be the best.

Emlin

Ok. Brain engaged. I'm looking at speaker cables now? The ones with electrolytes. If I get the biggest ones, hopefully they'll deaden my floorboards a bit.

If you had started this thread on April the 1st, it might at least have had a chance of being funny. A bit funny. But not very.

OP
C

conqueeftador

That is definitely something someone who didn't get the original joke would say. Floorboards is a serious question though, yet to measure, still setting the room up.

Top Bottom