• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How importend is impulseresponse of a speaker for the stereowide?

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
It looks a tiny bit louder at 100Hz and 2KHz. 1 or 2 db.

Indeed. It can only be seen with frequency dependent windowing -- the lower the number applied, the greater the effect.

1611264061722.png

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Atohm speakers is inserting a null filter between the crossover and the tweeter.
That way the tweeter and the midrange drivers have the same phase.
Does somebody have a 3 ways Atohm speaker?
It would be interesting to have a listening feedback.

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
the idea is to filter out the room reflections. since the soundwaves are getting bigger and bigger with falling frquencies you need the window to become bigger, too
Thank you!

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
the idea is to filter out the room reflections. since the soundwaves are getting bigger and bigger with falling frquencies you need the window to become bigger, too

I’ve read all about FDW from multiple sources, and yet I still feel like I don’t completely get it. It’s true. There are some things I sort of get the gist of (sometimes that’s already enough), but do I really get it on a fundamental level? Probably not... :confused: :D

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I’ve read all about FDW from multiple sources, and yet I still feel like I don’t completely get it. It’s true. There are some things I sort of get the gist of (sometimes that’s already enough), but do I really get it on a fundamental level? Probably not... :confused: :D

look at the wavelenght of a pure impulse

1.jpg

octave band filtered - center at 63Hz
2.jpg

1000Hz

3.jpg

a fdw of 5 will set the right window to 5ms at 1000Hz, 0,5 at 10000, 50 at 100, and so on

Top Bottom