• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Repair Cizeks or Buy LSA?

Joseph_N

I have a pair of Cizek II speakers, which to my ears sound glorious. I know, though, that there's a phenomenon of becoming more attuned to the sound one regularly hears, so I don't know how objective my sense of those speakers is, but I think it's accurate. They have great clarity, separation, and soundstaging. The bass is tight, but also perhaps a little underwhelming. They need service, or at least a good spray of connect cleaner. The Q-level knobs work only in one setting; otherwise, the treble is muted. And of course the foam covers are disintegrating. I've found another pair of speakers I'd be interested in, from LSA/Underwood, the Signature 80s. Here's my question: would the greater expense of a new set of speakers result in significantly better sound (and, if so, how?), or should I just service the Cizeks?

Top Bottom