• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do you listen to music?

Scytales

Forum Donor
At home, I listen to DVD-As and multichannel Super Audio Compact Discs with a multiformat disc player, two-channels SA-CDs with a two-channels SA-CD player and music-only DVD-Vs on an high quality DVD-V player.

JimBean

I listen to music with my ears. At a louder than it probably should be volume. ;)
But seriously, I have a rather decently sized cd collection (that I keep adding to), and I stream lossless audio from Qobuz via my phone.

Barrelhouse Solly

CDs and LPs ripped to FLAC, internet radio, some purchased FLAC files. I started listening to music on my parents' 78s so I've been through most of the 20th century media before I discovered Napster. I have never tried paid subscription services.

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
50% streaming. 48% CDs. 2% vinyl.

For streaming, Spotify in my car. Qobuz, Tidal or Amazon on my main or office system. Mostly Qobuz. I use the others when Qobuz doesn't have something. I have most of my CDs ripped to the internal drive on the DMP-A6 as FLAC. I count those as listening to CDs.

My Vinyl setup sounds really good - not as good as CDs of course, but is very inconvenient and not really worth the trouble.

Top Bottom