• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with power consumption of AV equipment

Descartes

Major Contributor
Here is the Power Consumption from the equipment I am looking to get
- Projector: 420 Watts
- Processor: 107 Watts
- Blu-ray player: 42 Watts
- PS5: 63 Watts
- Apple TV: 4 Watts
- (2) Subwoofer: 400 Watts each = 800 Watts

My question is what amplifiers can I use that will allow me to have a 9.2.6 system on a single 15A breaker? I need two amplifiers.

- 8 Channel Class D amplifiers:

Maximum is 1750 Watts for a 15 amp breaker at 110 volt probably safely 1500 Watts

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
Here is the Power Consumption from the equipment I am looking to get
- Projector: 420 Watts
- Processor: 107 Watts
- Blu-ray player: 42 Watts
- PS5: 63 Watts
- Apple TV: 4 Watts
- (2) Subwoofer: 400 Watts each = 800 Watts

My question is what amplifiers can I use that will allow me to have a 9.2.6 system on a single 15A breaker? I need two amplifiers.

- 8 Channel Class D amplifiers:

Maximum is 1750 Watts for a 15 amp breaker at 110 volt probably safely 1500 Watts
I would buy a 50 ft 10 gauge extension cord. Two if I have too. Or build it yourself. Whatever is cheaper if you can DIY.

10 gauge maybe huge, but the longer the run the less likely you are to get the same power out of the plug at the end of the extension vs the wall direct

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
I would buy a 50 ft 10 gauge extension cord. Two if I have too. Or build it yourself. Whatever is cheaper if you can DIY.

10 gauge maybe huge, but the longer the run the less likely you are to get the same power out of the plug at the end of the extension vs the wall direct
And do what with these cords use external power outlets?

MacCali

Major Contributor
And do what with these cords use external power outlets?
Hmmmm, not sure what you mean. I am saying if you have limited power outlets in one room go to another using a different breaker.

In my theater room I got a window AC, if I run all my electronics plus the AC it trips the breaker and everything shuts off. So I ran a cable from my living room to my room so I can run it with no issues. My room has three sets of plugs but it’s all on one breaker or whatever the proper term maybe.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your question or providing the incorrect solution.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
Hmmmm, not sure what you mean. I am saying if you have limited power outlets in one room go to another using a different breaker.

In my theater room I got a window AC, if I run all my electronics plus the AC it trips the breaker and everything shuts off. So I ran a cable from my living room to my room so I can run it with no issues. My room has three sets of plugs but it’s all on one breaker or whatever the proper term maybe.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your question or providing the incorrect solution.
Amplifiers should be plugged straight into the wall. I don’t see myself running a 50 feet extension cord through ouf the house to plug in my electronic equipment. Talk about fire hazards!!

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor

If that’s feasible yes unfortunately for me that won’t work

Top Bottom