• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

help me not to waste any more time

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
If you're enjoying it keep listening. If not then change. Much as I may like Slayer, sometimes I'm more in the mood for Sandy Denny.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it better to listen to playlists of one genre in one day or to switch or listen to different genres in the same day?
Nobody but you can answer this. Nobody can tell you what to like. If it's a genre you like, go for it.

IMHO you don't like genres, you like songs /artists /albums that are commonly classed as that genre.

Personally I'm a big fan of a diverse shuffle but each to their own.

OP
M

musica

Nobody but you can answer this. Nobody can tell you what to like. If it's a genre you like, go for it.

IMHO you don't like genres, you like songs /artists /albums that are commonly classed as that genre.

Personally I'm a big fan of a diverse shuffle but each to their own.
sorry, what do you mean each one on his own?

Paolo

I like very dynamic, uncompressed music.
with the bass deep but not bloated the dynamic female vocals.
surprise instruments must enter the piece, even strange instruments, this amuses me a lot
We’re all different, but maybe playlists aren’t the best way to find what you like.
I for myself like to listen to artists, entire albums, playlists are so dispersive, and maybe you may like an artist but not his genre. I used to love Nine Inch Nails, but almost all the other industrial artists I’ve listened to where not of my liking…

Maybe you may try to follow the people behind some music you like, look who is credited in the songs you like and search more of their works. Music is made by circles of people and you will be surprised how often it’s about who is producing a song more than who’s singing or playing.

Lastly, if you like to be surprised, try to listen to them:

Does it offend you, Yeah? Look for the second album ”Don’t say we didn’t warn you” A young band with a shot career, funny and inspired, really eclectic.

Oneohtrix Point Never I wil start from “Garden of delete” Electronic music, well, sort of…

Dead Can Dance Listen to “Spleen and Ideal”, is full of profoundly evocative passages.

Those are three very, enormously different artists, but I’m almost sure you will listen to at least something that will surprise you, and especially with the first two, listen to the entire album, because they are extremely dynamic with no song like the others.

Top Bottom