• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help! Center channel speaker suggestions for Denon AVRS710w + SP-EBS73-LR

audioch1p

Hi there! My first post. I love amazing audio and this blog is incredible. I'm still very much a newbie. But my current set up is a Denon AVRS710w with two Andrew Jones Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR speakers. I'd love to add a center channel to complement this setup. It's mostly for my living room TV setup, so for watching movies & listening to music.

What's the best center channel speaker to purchase in the $1000 and $600 price range for the best sound?

Really appreciate any thoughtful responses and ideas. Thanks!

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would buy the Monoprice THX-365C if you’re into realistic sound levels.

But i would get the KEF R2c if you’re more into tonal accuracy.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How about a 1099 kit from diysoundgroup.com?

Ozymand1as

I would buy the Monoprice THX-365C if you’re into realistic sound levels.

But i would get the KEF R2c if you’re more into tonal accuracy.
You could also cheap out and get a KEF Q150 and turn it sidewise. I think accessories4less sells them for like $200 each. Or find a pair or single some other way. At the sale price of $150 per speaker that is a pretty darn cheap center. Not as accurate as the R2C of course.

I use a coaxial center and I really like it. Basically every seat on my couch measures identically, and it is very forgiving vertically as well. That is good, because the center is always located in a non-optimal position IME.

Top Bottom