• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hi.

OP
F

FriedChicken

Is this place without industry sponsorship?

OP
F

FriedChicken

I should post a picture of my setup. Everyone likes pictures

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This place is sponsored by a combination of our host, Amir, who pays for the site and all the test equipment, and a fair bit of the equipment being tested, which he then eventually sells off, if he can be bothered.

The rest comes from us members, paying an annual/whenever amount to keep the site going, and especially those of us in the US, may lend our equipment or have new purchases drop-shipped to Amir for testing before we even get our hands on them.

There is no advertising or behind-the-scenes industry sponsorship as far as I'm aware, so whatever opinions/test reports/criticisms/praise are on this site are the views of the posters.

What agenda individual posters may have is debatable, but anyone shilling or decrying any product is fairly soon found out, so it seems to happen far less on this forum than on any other I know.

If there's an criticism I can levy at this forum is the occasional lack of rigour on test reports which then need correcting, presumably due to the perceived urgency of getting the reports out, and my personal bugbear of products being criticised for being (often far) less than SOTA, whilst nevertheless being quite good enough for transparency.

I've come to rely on this forum far far more than any other which is either in thrall to advertisers, or the Mods' egos. Neither of which is evident here.

S.

OP
F

FriedChicken

Picture!
IMG_7290.jpg

OP
F

FriedChicken

I’ve recently gotten into stereo listening. I’m contemplating upgrading my aventage RX-A810 purely for stereo listening, while preserving all my video capabilities. I've dug my claws deep into 1080p SDR to preserve my wallet and sanity.

Where can I ask/who would be knowledgeable to talk to about the options? I’d prefer to stick with the Yamaha line of receivers and want to buy used (again, wallet preservation)

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Welcome

OP
F

FriedChicken

Details, details!

Looks like Polk towers and center, and Klipsch subwoofer and other sub?
See my signature:
Yamaha M500 Upright (Piano), Yamaha Aventage RX-A810, Yamaha M-65, AppleTV 3rd gen, WDTV, Pioneer Kuro 60”, Polk Audio RTI10 front, CSi6 center, RTI A3 surround, other Polk rear surround

Very good eye on the klipsch subwoofer (r-120sw). The other is an Alison AL10, although it occasionally buzzes requiring a spanking.

Top Bottom