• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hedd vs Adam vs Presonus vs Powered speakers

Dreg54

Good afternoon! Please help me what to take to listen to music rock/blues/jazz in a regular room 12 m^2 (130 ft²). There is no opportunity to listen. I've been reading forums for a week now and just get more confused.

Dac Topping d50s or e30:

Presonus r65 / r80;

Adam T8V;

Hedd 05;

Adam T5V + sub Presonus T10 (or Adam sub 7 pro (8 is already expensive, but as an option))

Adam A3X + Presonus T10 or Adam sub 7 pro

Active speakers: Airpulse A100, (A300pro may when it comes out)

Maybe your option? my budget is up to $ 1000

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Your budget is $1k USD? The Prosonus T10 is around $600, and the Adam Sub7 is $700. You're not leaving much room for speakers and a DAC.

That said, the Kali LP-6 are cheap and worthwhile.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
That's a pretty small room.

I'll say get a set of JBL 305PmkII or 306PMkII and match them to the JBL LSR310S sub-woofer. With a discount sale, that would be under US$600 for the 2.1 set (306p MkII pair + 310S) .

Or as @pozz suggested, the Kali LP-6 would go for US$298 / pair now. Plenty of money left for an active sub.

But for such a small room, you probably won't miss having a subwoofer when using the 6.5" speakers suggested above.

gvl

Major Contributor
Just one note about the Adam A3Xs, a typical DAC with a fixed output easily overloads the single-ended inputs causing distortion, the speakers have a convenient volume knob on the front and can be connected so that volume on both speakers can be controlled by one knob, but they don't help so you need some sort of attenuation before the speakers. Haven't yet tried the XLRs. Otherwise they are pretty good, the low-end is surprisingly good, they won't go down to 20Hz but I don't feel I'm missing much in a near-field setup.

OP
D

Dreg54

Your budget is $1k USD? The Prosonus T10 is around $600, and the Adam Sub7 is $700. You're not leaving much room for speakers and a DAC.

That said, the Kali LP-6 are cheap and worthwhile.
The PreSonus Temblor T10 and Adam Audio SUB 7 PRO is 350$
Adam Audio SUB 8 PRO is 550$.
I live in Russia, I can order from Germany at that price. https://www.musicstore.com/ru_RU/RUB/-/-/cat-RECORDING-RECMONSUBW
I would like to buy speakers with a ribbon tweeter, I like how it looks, it's not usually

OP
D

Dreg54

That's a pretty small room.

I'll say get a set of JBL 305PmkII or 306PMkII and match them to the JBL LSR310S sub-woofer. With a discount sale, that would be under US$600 for the 2.1 set (306p MkII pair + 310S) .

Or as @pozz suggested, the Kali LP-6 would go for US$298 / pair now. Plenty of money left for an active sub.

But for such a small room, you probably won't miss having a subwoofer when using the 6.5" speakers suggested above.
I read a lot that these are very-very good speakers for that price, but I would really like to try speakers with ribbon tweeter

q3cpma

Major Contributor
I read a lot that these are very-very good speakers for that price, but I would really like to try speakers with ribbon tweeter
Then the T5V is your best bet. It's the only one with published measurements by the manufacturer:
T5V_Frequency-Response-1920x1463.png

T5V_Horizontal-Directivity-1920x1463.png

T5V_Spectogram-1920x1463.png

T5V_Maximum-SPL-1920x1463.png

It also has a nice 5 year warranty.

You also have Eve Audio's SC205:
EveAudio_SC205_FreqResponse.png

Red = 0° / Green = 30° horizontal off-axis
EveAudio_SC205_Distortion.png

Orange = 2nd / Green = 3rd vs frequency response (red)
EveAudio_SC205_PolarPattern.png

Red = 200Hz / Green = 1kHz / Blue = 5kHz

Which should be the next level in quality without being overpriced.

OP
D

Dreg54

Then the T5V is your best bet. It's the only one with published measurements by the manufacturer:
Which should be the next level in quality without being overpriced.
Thanks for the advice! Adam T5V + sub is one of the leading options

Top Bottom