• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphones for 200 eu and Sennheiser 560s HDs

emel28

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a pair of headphones for around 200 eu. I will mostly be listening to classical music at home in a quiet environment. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Could someone explain the difference between these two pairs of headphones? They seem to be the same but there is a 40 GBP price difference.

https://amzn.eu/d/iwQjkol

https://amzn.eu/d/gCVxH3V

Kind regards!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Could someone explain the difference between these two pairs of headphones? They seem to be the same but there is a 40 GBP price difference.
Just different sellers (Amazon and Kanifing market). (The cheapest is sold by Amazon itself)
Amazon may have negotiated a better price, bought in more, the Kanifing market one just want a higher profit margin or had to buy in at a higher price.
The cheaper one may even be a refurbished or returned product.

HD560S are fine for classical music in a quiet home environment, so are some other models in a similar price class.

Last edited:
OP
E

emel28

Just different sellers (Amazon and Kanifing market). (The cheapest is sold by Amazon itself)
Amazon may have negotiated a better price, bought in more, the Kanifing market one just want a higher profit margin or had to buy in at a higher price.
The cheaper one may even be a refurbished or returned product.

HD560S are fine for classical music in a quiet home environment, so are some other models in a similar price class.
I saw another thread about some new, lower quality 560s HDs. Do you think that these are the new ones, or the old, better ones? These ones have the 6 foot cable and 6.3 mm plug.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
These are the newer ones and they are not lower quality.
The main concern (elevated 3-7kHz range) is addressed and is slightly better in the new version.

Joramun

This is probably very similar but I got the HD58X recently and I'm very happy with them.

Especially at $129 USD

Review below :

solderdude

Grand Contributor
So if you were in my shoes, would you order https://amzn.eu/d/9Trl4CP, or another pair?
It is the regular streetprice so you can order it there or elsewhere or a similar price around € 160.-.
Only in the Sennheiser shop itself it costs around € 220.-

OP
E

emel28

It is the regular streetprice so you can order it there or elsewhere or a similar price around € 160.-.
Only in the Sennheiser shop itself it costs around € 220.-
Everything considered, would you buy the old ones or new ones?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The new ones have a shorter and more convenient cable.

You can probably only get older ones second hand.

OP
E

emel28

The new ones have a shorter and more convenient cable.

You can probably only get older ones second hand.
I think I can still find the old ones new. What about sound-wise? Sorry to be asking so many questions, this isn't a small purchase for me and I probably won't be buying any new ones for a while, so I want to get these right.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The older one sounds brighter (a bit too bright for me) as the newer one.
Both need at least the 5kHz peak addressed be it differently.... again IMO.

Some people like brighter sound others prefer less bright. I can't say what you might prefer nor can anyone else.

The cable length is the give-away.
Also you should realize that when you have an older one and you replace the pads for new ones the older one will sound more alike the newer one.
It is not just the pads though that is different.

OP
E

emel28

Thank you both for your replies and advice!

I've bought the 560s and I'm very happy with them so far! However, I'm a total newbie and would be interested if the sound could be improved even more. Right now, I just plug them into my iPad/phone/computer, but would be interested in buying in amp if this would bring out the best sound. Also, is there any software that could help?

Thanks in advance!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
but would be interested in buying in amp if this would bring out the best sound.
When you need to go louder than you can right now you should buy an amp.

Also, is there any software that could help?
EQ can make it sound more pleasant. Could even just be tone control (2-3 or 5 band).

OP
E

emel28

I don't need to go louder, I never go maximum as it is. However, if it gets even more out of the headphones than I'd be happy to buy one.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
@solderdude is too modest. He his the one I read most often in confidence.

He published an excellent review of the 560S.

He is the person I read when I want to know about an headphones.

Last edited:
OP
E

emel28

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, too busy listening to music . I had the same feeling about Solderdude just by reading a few of his posts - I have no idea about anything audio related, but I just felt like he's trustworthy and the headphones are great, very happy!

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Not a fan of Sennheiser, the insulation on my CX 2.00G cracked from mild use :rolleyes:

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I'm pleased to read credit given to solderdude for his extensive work with headphones. I agree. I've used his site often.

Top Bottom