• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone tuning HD 560s and AKG 271 Studio

Urbanized

Hi guys,

I have the Sennheiser HD 560s headphones and the AKG 271 Studio (not to be confused with MK2 version). I use both for mixing music in the studio. Now I want to tune both with eq, to make them as linear as possible. Which target protocol would be best to follow? Would Harman be the right one to use?

Another question: I have searched the Internet for eq settings for the AKG 271 Studio, but cannot find them. It is available for the AKG 271 MK2, but that is of no use to me. So my question is whether anyone knows an EQ setting for the AKG 271 Studio. That would be great.

usern

You can use DAW VST or you can use Equalizer APO (if you use Windows) to tune whole OS output to target EQ. APO has Q factor. Which VST do you use?

OP
U

Urbanized

You can use DAW VST or you can use Equalizer APO (if you use Windows) to tune whole OS output to target EQ. APO has Q factor. Which VST do you use?
I don't want the eq on the whole OS output, but just in the DAW. I already downloaded some free eq VST's because Cubase doesnt have a eq with 10 bands. I'll try those eq's and hope it will work out.

Now all that's left is eq settings or measurement of the AKG 271 Studio headphone.

Top Bottom