• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI audio extractor

s002wjh

whats a good compact HDMI audio extractor for ps5, i have a topping d50s, that i would like use its toslink/coax and connect to my speaker.

was looking at this, not sure if there are better ones

Last edited:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another option is getting a a UAC1 USB to S/PDIF bridge and run that into the coax or optical input on your existing DAC.

That's what I use with my Switch at the moment.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently purchased this audio extractor and have been happy with it. It will pass 4K 4:4:4 with no issues. I have not yet measured it yet but have measured other extractors and they are completely transparent and would expect the same from this one.

Michael

OP
S

s002wjh

I recently purchased this audio extractor and have been happy with it. It will pass 4K 4:4:4 with no issues. I have not yet measured it yet but have measured other extractors and they are completely transparent and would expect the same from this one.

Michael
what other extractor you measured before thats good?

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've measured this one -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MYW9R9N/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but it won't pass 4K HDR 4:4:4 signals (which is why I just purchased the monoprice extractor). See below for digital loop back measurements.

Extractor.jpg

I plan on measuring the monoprice as well but I am out of town for the rest of the month and will not be able to do so until I get back home.

Michael

Top Bottom