• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman Luxury Group (including Revel) raising prices 10% Oct.1

MarkS

Major Contributor
Per an email I received as a customer of dealer Upscale Audio (La Verne, CA):
Apart from Lexicon, we're a dealer for all the brands distributed by Harman Luxury Group: JBL Synthesis, Mark Levinson, Revel, and Arcam. Harman regrets they will have to increase prices on October 1, writing, "Due to this unprecedented situation, Harman Luxury Audio is forced to implement a 10% price increase to help defray a portion of the cost increases across the business."

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I plan to reduce my expenditures by 10% starting October 1, just to teach them all a lesson.

To whom should I email my decision?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I plan to reduce my expenditures by 10% starting October 1, just to teach them all a lesson.

To whom should I email my decision?
Fed says this inflation 'pulse' is temporary for a few months. I wonder if that means we'll see deflation back to current levels about this time next year? Err, never mind, I think I know the answer.

It does make me happy that I just purchased three LSR308 mk IIs to replace the LSR305's in my video system even though I purchased all demo models at a discount from MSRP. Now if I can grab one more LSR305 I'll have enough of those for the height channels in an Atmos setup.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Per an email I received as a customer of dealer Upscale Audio (La Verne, CA):

I am more surprised by 10%... its considered very little. shipping cost alone has increased by almost 10x in the past year....mainly due to shortage of 20ft containers. The suez canal issue made things worse, some companies began charging usd4000 surcharge for ecah container.

prerich

Old thread, bringing back to life....I see a lot of Revel speakers being discounted. What I didn't see when I went over to the Harman site is Revel being listed as one of their brands! :eek::oops:
Does anyone have an inside scoop of what's going on? I've seen that they've decided to go the Acoustic Research route with Infinity (now known as Infinity Labs - makers of USB cables, and power chargers :confused:o_O). As I've mentioned before, there seems to be some deep discounts on Revel speakers going on as well. I wonder does anyone in the know around here knows what gives, and if they're allowed to say so.

prerich

prerich

@DonR seems like two tales or the webmaster made an error......

prerich

Revel website still shows them as Harman/Samsung but that could be a mistake as well.
I'm just a little shaken....never know what's going down in consumer electronics these days.

Top Bottom