• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

H6Pro microphonics problem

Isaxus

So I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I recently received my closed H6Pro and the sound and especially comfort are pretty great. However, the microphonics on these headphones goes crazy. Has anyone tried any different cables on these to see if it's compatible?

I assume a rubber one would alleviate this problem especially when it comes to contact w/ clothes; in that case I'm considering getting one and see if it solves the problem as I've had the Corsair HS50 for years which never had this issue. It's really a shame if something so seemingly minor will ruin an otherwise great product without being able to do much about it.

staticV3

Master Contributor
That's a really weird connector Epos have built for their headsets:
a393480f-90cb-4896-ba87-432a7de556e7_5149_unp-pc-cable_506506_fullsizepng.png

It's 2.5mm, but is definitely not compatible with regular 2.5mm cables from other brands. Those look like this:
Replacement_Cables_Cat_Banner_Tablet.png61zn1vM6F0L._SL1500_ (1).jpg
The 2.5mm plug is longer and has a locking mechanism.

To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to find compatible cables from other manufacturers. Just Epos.

@Isaxus would you mind posting some close-up pictures of your headset's audio jack and the cable plug? Especially looking into the male plug from up top. Is the 2.5mm plug actually normal length, but just partially enclosed in a cylinder, like this?
61zn1vM6F0L._SL1500_ (1).png
Please make sure you have good light and that the pictures are in focus.

Last edited:

nightlite

View attachment 249948
Epos uses splitted ground wires for headphones and mic, that weird connector is 5 pol to keep the ground splitted. Finding a replacement cable which is not specifically made for the headset (and keeps the mic working) is probably not possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you dont need to use the mic, and just want to use it as a headphone, these kind of 2,5mm to 3,5mm will work, i tried it with my PC38x, they fit very well.

OP
I

Isaxus

View attachment 249948

It's 2.5mm, but is definitely not compatible with regular 2.5mm cables from other brands. Those look like this:
View attachment 249950View attachment 249951
The 2.5mm plug is longer and has a locking mechanism.

To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to find compatible cables from other manufacturers. Just Epos.

@Isaxus would you mind posting some close-up pictures of your headset's audio jack and the cable plug? Especially looking into the male plug from up top. Is the 2.5mm plug actually normal length, but just partially enclosed in a cylinder, like this?
View attachment 249957
Please make sure you have good light and that the pictures are in focus.
Sure thing (file size too big): . Let me know if you want more/better images, the jack one was particularly difficult

It's exactly as you describe, the actual plug is normal length but is surrounded by a cylindrical wall (the plug as a tower in the middle, with a bit of empty space until it reaches said "wall"). I was looking into something like https://www.amazon.se/AGS-Retail-Lt...70952644&sprefix=2.5mm+to+3.5m,aps,94&sr=8-46 as a replacement, I just hope it's compatible...

OP
I

Isaxus

Epos uses splitted ground wires for headphones and mic, that weird connector is 5 pol to keep the ground splitted. Finding a replacement cable which is not specifically made for the headset (and keeps the mic working) is probably not possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you dont need to use the mic, and just want to use it as a headphone, these kind of 2,5mm to 3,5mm will work, i tried it with my PC38x, they fit very well.
This might be a stupid question but does the same thing go for the cable that doesn't split into separate sound/voice cables that's also included? It's the one I use, anyway, and had hoped any TRRS plug would work in giving both sound and voice given general compatibility.

Last edited:

nightlite

This might be a stupid question but does the same thing go for the cable that doesn't split into separate sound/voice cables that's also included? It's the one I use, anyway, and had hoped any TRRS plug would work in giving both sound and voice given general compatibility.
There are 2 cables included with the headset, one that ends in splitted jacks for headphone/microphone and one that ends in a single TRRS combi jack. I guess internally both cables will have splitted ground wires, but the TRRS cable will have both ground wires soldered to one common ground at the trrs jack.

Using the the wire with the splitted connectors is better in theory (if you are connecting it to a device with seperate jack for headphone and mic), if you are using a TRRS jack which only has one ground, there will be crosstalk. Crosstalk means, that the mic will pic up the sound from the headphones electrically.

Sometimes its worse, sometimes not as noticeable, depends on the cables and headsets i guess. Also the volume is deciding, if you send more voltage (volume) into the headset, the crosstalk will increase. If you look online you will find people complaining from time to time, that people in discord can hear, what they are hearing on their headset. Thats usually a crosstalk problem created by headsets which have a common ground.

Its very easy to test for urself. Just record the microphone in some recording programm (obs for example), flip up the mic to mute it and then blast music into the headset. If you listen to the recording, you can hear how much of the music your mic picked up even when it was muted.

OP
I

Isaxus

Nah, it's fine. The result wouldn't change: only Epos cables will work.
I see. Do you think any of these could work?

Top Bottom