• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[GUIDE] How to use Equalizer APO (PEQ) presets in Linux

OP
thyristor

thyristor

Well done. :cool:
I'm in the process of writing one for Pulse Effects for people who might give Linux a try out.
It's taking longer then I thought.

PulseEffects isn't updated anymore. It was renamed to Easy Effects and uses PipeWire now.

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
PulseEffects isn't updated anymore. It was renamed to Easy Effects and uses PipeWire now.
Pulse Effects isn't undergoing any further development I know. That's one of the reasons I chose it.
Easy Effects requires PipeWire as you point out, but getting PipeWire to behave in some distros is not that straightforward for a person new to linux and also new to parametric equalization.

asrUser

PulseEffect has a lot more test signals like white noise, pink voice and many more to choose. EasyEffects only got Sine Wave and White Noise. How to add more into EasyEffects?

p-chan5

I think both have great potential. Although yes, PulseEffects only receives compatibility updates, the new features go hand in hand with EasyEffects; although of course it will have to be part of bugs on the PipeWire side. I don't know, it's difficult to decide whether to change or not. Maybe you have to decide for stability or new features.

Regarding white noise, I don't know. Maybe they've changed libraries or something. Search for this issue, or open it if it doesn't exist, on its GitHub.

OP
thyristor

thyristor

PulseAudio is obsolete now. Most major distrubutions like Ubuntu and Fedora have switched to PipeWire and Debian 12 will use PipeWire by default.

isploit

It works great as long as I'm only listening to Spotify. As soon as I start a teams call, the audio goes to shit. Huge audible difference in the song playback. Any ideas?

kysa

It works great as long as I'm only listening to Spotify. As soon as I start a teams call, the audio goes to shit. Huge audible difference in the song playback. Any ideas?

@thyristor I think you should mention this issue in your guide also.

Top Bottom