• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good amp to pair with Denon AH-D7200 and GD-audio R2R1 DAC

nicholasvanorton

Hi folks, I'm looking for a great amp to pair with my Denon AH-D7200 headphones and Audio-GD R2R1 DAC. I'm looking for clear, smooth but warm sound. I currently use a Gustard H16 amp.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Gustard H16 is all U need. If U want to improve the sound use PEQ or convolution filters.
Next step would be replacing the DAC with a good delta sigma dac

mmmdc

If you want a warmer sound, buy a OTL tube amp, some people like the distortion they create and associate it with a warmer sound.

Looking for a "specific sound" with regular amps is a waste of time, anything worth buying doesn't have a "sound signature", they just amplify the signal without changing it in an audible way.

rob_d

Did you find amp? I have the denon ah-d600 and a chord mojo. I felt like there was really no difference between using the amp and not. If the ah-d7200 are anything like the 600s, they work great straight from your source.

Top Bottom