• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gmail Account without phone number

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've tried every reasonable option including different browsers etc. If anyone is willing to setup one for me, please PM me so I can provide the email then take it over.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just within the last 5 minutes, created a new gmail account without a phone number or recovery email it took me about 60 seconds. I did it with Microsoft Edge which I never use FWIW.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just within the last 5 minutes, created a new gmail account without a phone number or recovery email it took me about 60 seconds. I did it with Microsoft Edge which I never use FWIW.
Thanks. I've tried 3 different browsers without any change.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess I need to delete it, I have no use for it. Wonder if that's as easy to do?

Edit : couple of hoops which made it a bit harder but it's gone.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I guess I need to delete it, I have no use for it. Wonder if that's as easy to do?

Edit : couple of hoops which made it a bit harder but it's gone.
awww.... you could've left it out there for the spammers!
:cool:

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
awww.... you could've left it out there for the spammers!
:cool:
I remember when the only spam I knew of you could eat.

Caution eat at own risk.

1709738347395.png

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Does anyone know a real workaround on how to create a Google / Gmail account without using a phone number?
Thread relocated here.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone willing to create the email I need then provide the password so I can change it and take over?
I'll do it. I have the New Account page opened now. Do you want a personal or business gmail account?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
You should really take this conversation private. Posting about it here is viewable by the world. Just saying! :oops:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A little bit ago I made a test account, I opened Firefox (I normally use chrome), went to gmail.com and got redirected to https://www.google.com/gmail/about/. I clicked on the blue "Create an account" button in the upper right corner, and chose "For my personal use". I followed the prompts and created (a useless account) I did not need to enter a phone number.
Would you be able to create an account for @jtwrace via a PM, to assist or give him your [not-so] useless account?

@jtwrace; it would not hurt that bad to also sign-up for a gVoice account so that you can use it for such tasks as SMS or when they need to verify you is you.;)
Bad idea because you'll be locked out later due to 2FA.
2FA is not mandatory, at least for accounts created when 'do no evil' was a thing with google.

Top Bottom