• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gmail Account without phone number

JSmith

Master Contributor
Does anyone know a real workaround on how to create a Google / Gmail account without using a phone number?
I thought one just entered the first and last name, date of birth, gender etc. A recovery email and then skip the phone number part?

JSmith

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought one just entered the first and last name, date of birth, gender etc. A recovery email and then skip the phone number part?

JSmith
1709693949466.png

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They really want to follow your phone these days, they're always asking for mine.

JSmith

Master Contributor
OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This supposedly worked 3 months ago. As said above just skip it. 34 second video.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hmm... looks like more of a security message, confirming you're not a robot via sms and as per your screenshot there is no skip. As it's not asking for the number for the account 2FA... something is triggering that possibly.

Why not try coming from a different IP then, VPN or proxy? I'm in AUS and was able to setup as mentioned, no issues, took a few mins.

JSmith

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm... looks like more of a security message, confirming you're not a robot via sms and as per your screenshot there is no skip. As it's not asking for the number for the account 2FA... something is triggering that possibly.

Why not try coming from a different IP then, VPN or proxy? I'm in AUS and was able to setup as mentioned, no issues, took a few mins.

JSmith
I'd have to set that up...another thing to do which is a PITA

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Uhhh, you do. Please show me otherwise.

you don't.

A little bit ago I made a test account, I opened Firefox (I normally use chrome), went to gmail.com and got redirected to https://www.google.com/gmail/about/. I clicked on the blue "Create an account" button in the upper right corner, and chose "For my personal use". I followed the prompts and created (a useless account) I did not need to enter a phone number.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting, didn't know it was so easy. Then again I applied for a google account a very long time ago....

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
Does anyone know a real workaround on how to create a Google / Gmail account without using a phone number?

The obvious answer is don't try to create a gmail account in the first place. There are plenty of reliable email providers who don't steal your data and sell it to the highest bidder ...

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you provide a phony phone number and just prefer to be contacted by email will it work?

Or is that phone number request screen for verification just can't get around?

JSmith

Master Contributor
you don't.
Easy there... OP is just trying to get some help and as per his screenshot, as clearly there is a security flag being triggered that is nothing to do with actually creating the email account;
To help protect you from abuse, we sometimes ask you to prove you’re not a robot before you can create or sign in to your account. This extra confirmation by phone helps keep spammers from abusing our systems.

JSmith

solderdude

Grand Contributor
use a burner phone ?

Reactions: EJ3

JSmith

Master Contributor
From the link I first posted;
  • Prepaid phone numbers: If you're looking for a more private and controlled option, consider using a prepaid mobile number. These numbers can be purchased relatively inexpensively and are often available at local stores or online. They provide a temporary solution for phone verification without tying your personal number to the account. Once you've completed the email account setup, you can discard the prepaid number.
  • Virtual phone number apps: Numero (available for iOS and Android) and other similar apps provide virtual cell numbers. These numbers are great for receiving SMS online and can be used for Gmail verification. They also offer a layer of privacy since you're not using your personal contact.
  • Free online SMS services: Websites like Sakari or SMSToMe offer free online SMS services. You can use these platforms to receive text messages online, which can help you bypass the phone verification step. However, be cautious as these services are public and not secure for sensitive information.
I'd be more keen to ascertain why Gmail is flagging this IP as a possible robot though.

@jtwrace are you blocking cookies or running a browser fingerprint spoof utility?

JSmith

Top Bottom