• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Oppo 205

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
SOLD.

I don't need to tell you what an excellent piece of gear this is. See Amir's and Archimago's reviews. Bought directly from Oppo Digital; I have everything, including the box. $1,900 seems like a competitive price. It is cosmetically and operationally as good as new. So why am I selling? This unit is far better than my 75-year old asymmetrically damaged ears. IOW, it's wasted on me. I'm planning on replacing it with my old Oppo 103 and some new A/V receiver that might be OK.

MickeyBoy
[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
MickeyBoy

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
"I can resist everything but temptation..." -- Oscar Wilde :)

wadec22

Man.... $500 to $600 savings over buying a used unit on ebay.... heck of a deal

OP
MickeyBoy

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
Thanks for the comment. I am trying to be fair to all. There have been sales at $1,800 and also at the $2,500+ range. I picked the bottom, hoping that whoever gets it will fully appreciate what a terrific piece of engineering it is.

Hemi-Demon

This is an amazing deal. If I had not just purchased a D1, I would have jumped on this.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am curious, Oppo's website says the retail is/was $1299. Has the demand for this model gone up so much that its selling for more than double in the used market after its discontinued?

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, it's crazy. I almost want to sell mine, since I have an SU-8 Version 1, and my ears can't tell any difference sound wise. But that 205 is a big beautiful beast, and if I ever upgrade my TV I will need a UHD player, what to do??? o_O

ArashH

Hello- is this unit still available? I did send you an email a day or two ago. Let me know if still available.
Thanks
Arash
206-734-1494
[email protected]

Zog

I am the recent owner of a 205. Does the DAC job very nicely. I have it connected via USB to a Windows 10 machine and it does Hi-Res PCM and DSD just fine.

Top Bottom