• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett?

What artist seems to encapsulate the Holiday season?

• Frank Sinatra?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Tony Bennett?

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
iMickey503

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Leonardo da Vinci :)
Looked this up. I found a play on broadway, and this:
Frank Bennett, my milkman
Can't really find anything but a novel.
Maddy Prior:

PERFEECT!@@@
rJ8aZR.gif
@!!!!!!
Shame on you all for missing that Joe Williams is the undisputed heavyweight champion of Christmas:

This has the Old Sesame Street / Mr. Rogers vibes.

Tony Bennett is the better vocalist. But Frank walked the earth before Tony. And had the peak of his career at a time when that traditional style was more popular. So my vote is for Frank.
No votes for Bing Crosby? At one time the most widely heard human voice on the planet?
This one is going to need a projector. I might have to put a video loop up on Bitchute of classics like this.
It is true that I heard this song, but never really knew how Bing Crosby was. Thank you.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The classic Joan Baez album "Noel" has been one of my faves over the decades. Twelve beautifully sung carols.

Last edited:

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
There is only one true christmas song: Shane and Kirsty's 'Fairytale of New York':

Greg Lake's 'Father Christmas' is a close runner up though:

And then there's this little gem from the Cocteaus:

Bah humbug!!

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just based on the thread title it was a toss up, but don't care about xmas music so.....Dean Martin!

Last edited:

posvibes

I saw TB with KD Lang live in Melbourne. TB was 80 I think and at one stage he asked that the microphones be turned off and proceeded to sing and fill the Melbourne Concert Hall with his voice unaided and acapella, quite something!

Me I'm more a Johnny Hartman, Jimmy Rushing kinda fan, as well as Kurt Elling among others. But Tony had a kind of timing where you thought he ain't gonna make it but he always did.

Pegwill

For me it depends on who is the backing band at the time. The extra swing the likes of Basie or the Buddy Rich Big Band brings or should I brought to the party is massive. I also think this rubs off on their performance. So for me it is both, it Sinatra and Bennet depending on the swing.

Pegwill

OP
iMickey503

iMickey503

Forum Donor
THANK YOU ALL OF YOU!
Putting almost all of these in my playlist.
Please keep them coming!

Also, I see more english stuff here. Anyone that has stuff from Europe in Native languages is ENCOURAGED!
German, Polish, Swedish, whatever they speak in Ireland. etc. :)

This years setup is going to be great thanks to all of you! Many Cheers! And good Tidings!

Robin L

Master Contributor

Tim Link

Forum Donor
Tony Bennet, Frank Sinatra? What about Tony Clifton?

Top Bottom