• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Forum name

solderdude

Grand Contributor
DACs do convert digital audio formats to analog waveforms. :cool:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Alright! So what are we going to do about it?

Do we let it slide?

Do we demand it be changed?

Do we create Audio Digital converters?

I'm okay with letting it slide. :rolleyes:

OP
AudioSceptic

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
DACs do convert digital audio formats to analog waveforms. :cool:
Of course, but not the point. Not that it really matters that much, just thought I should point it out. A science-based forum ought to get the terminology correct. ;-)

Edit: and a DAC doesn't necessarily process audio. It could be processing video.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
We must find a person responsible for this horrid mistake and insist he's punished accodingly. For a start, I say we blame @Thomas savage .
Correcting amirm's mistakes is too much work for one man.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think the forum name "Digital Audio Converters" was supposed to spell out the DAC acronym, the same as the forum name "Audio Interfaces" does not spell out the ADC acronym. It is simply a descriptor. I see no reason to change it. The fact that a DAC can also process Video means nothing in an Audio based forum. This is "Audio Science Review" after all. Just my 2 cents.

Martin

OP
AudioSceptic

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
I don't think the forum name "Digital Audio Converters" was supposed to spell out the DAC acronym, the same as the forum name "Audio Interfaces" does not spell out the ADC acronym. It is simply a descriptor. I see no reason to change it. The fact that a DAC can also process Video means nothing in an Audio based forum. This is "Audio Science Review" after all. Just my 2 cents.

Martin
How else to read "
Digital Audio Converters (DACs)
" ?

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is today International Pedantic Day? Or is this thread simply a symptom of cultural decay due to seemingly endless global lockdown rules? o_O

pedantic.jpg

Top Bottom