• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

For Sale Mola-Mola Kaluga

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
The high-end market is exceptionally open to new brands, unusually so. So I don't see that as an issue for new companies. As for resale, my approach is to not think about that in anything I buy (outside of real estate). Net, net, I don't agree with Thomas and will be hiring the English teacher to replace him: http://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/english-lesson-for-sal.1003/

:D
You keep promising to replace me, I book my holiday and cancel the therapy session ( a necessity when dealing with lunatics on a daily basis :D) but alas I'm still gainfully employed here:eek:

I'm sure you could find a polite chap from a Mumbai Internet cafe to do my job:D

Phison Audio - Sonny

Industry Expert
Technical Expert
In the audiophile world it's easy to lose sight of the market area that is populated by hard working folk who are not multi millionaires.. To these 'ordinary folk' there are many factors to consider when choosing equipment, having backed the smaller producers and spent tens of thousands on products that have given me nothing but grief I personally wish I had thought more like Sal when choosing what to spend my money on.

For most customers looking to spend serious money on audio equipment things like reliability and resale value are not considerations. Talking to the designer and reading glowing reviews are more what they are intrested in, given the subsequent affirmation that affords them they fall in love with the products and champion them at every chance.

These 'new' brands become like little cults, beyond any criticism and seem to survive in the frankly bizarre world that is consumer audio. It's bizarre because I know of no other industry that gets away with charging so much for so little, seems to give no consideration to the kind of values one would normally expect.

I'm a working man, I work manually on a building site and while you may well be great, making great reliable products I can't help but think spending £10k on a amp from a brand with no real historical value is for me a risk not worth taking. Iv been down that road and it cost me years of savings..

I am also hardworking Thomas.

If we should make a clean sheet.

What would be a acceptable price range for the hardworking British man?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I am also hardworking Thomas.

If we should make a clean sheet.

What would be a acceptable price range for the hardworking British man?
As you know, the lower priced product ranges bring with them a different production model on the manufacturing side what with the likely increase in product volume...

I would just stick to what your doing, the market is open like amir says.. Unusually so.

I like your products sonny, my feelings about the industry are nothing against you personally.

I like the modular (upgradable) philosophy you have but then again I bought into that years ago with my 386 pc :D did not turn out to be as 'future proof' as it was made out to be:eek:

As for the British hifi market.. I would over look that as its been dead for 30 years and shows no signs of life outside of life style products for city boys to impress their mates.

I would concentrate on merging European countries with the newly rich and the Asian market.. Though you may need to triple the price of your amps to peak thier intrest ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Maybe you should concentrate on unite the country for a start!?

We are united. Both halves (according to the news) thinks the other half is out of their minds.

I'd say we have reached a consensus.

Top Bottom