• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal or Klipsch?

arancano

I just sold my Focal Electras 1038be, which I replaced with Klipsch Forte IV. My office system has the Klipsch RP-600Ms. Despite the Klipsch measurement flaws, or perhaps because of them, I love the sound of Klipsch horns.

The latter generations are not deserving, to my ears, of the many criticisms rightfully leveled on Klipsch speakers throughout the years. The new-gens sound to many of us downright magical, a very subjective word but one that does justice to what appear to be live performances, if you like sitting up close and personal that is.

I love percussion. Jazz and heavily percussive music of all kinds need only stop at the pearly gates for a few minutes before being waved in for a front row seat in the Nirvana Auditorium. If you come from a Catholic background I would characterize my Klipsch's as the venue's owner and my former Focal Electras 1038be as speakers who could not get past purgatory.

But that's me. You have to listen for yourself. Perhaps your ears are more resolving than mine and you can hear those critical comments about new-gen Klipsch's. As the French say: "Long live our differences." I hear one of the criteria for leaving purgatory is tolerance for the opinions and experiences of others. Imagine doing penance for eternal life. I don't even want to think what speakers you have to listen to in hell.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The latter generations are not deserving, to my ears, of the many criticisms rightfully leveled on Klipsch speakers throughout the years.
The horns themselves have evolved-somewhere there is an interview where now-Chief Engineer Roy Delgado says he finally got permission from Paul Klipsch to redesign the horns to a more modern design engineering. And from the early days, crossover technology has advanced tremendously. So I would agree it is incorrect to paint present-day Klipsch with a tarred brush from the past.

Top Bottom