• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Clear MG versus Clear MG Professional

bkdc

Forum Donor
I’m reading mixed reviews regarding the Focal Clear (MG or not) versus the Focal Clear Professional version.

Some say they are identical except appearance and packaging and others say they are tuned differently.

I could care less about the appearance but is there a definitive answer as to whether these headphones actually sound different?

Paolo

I’m reading mixed reviews regarding the Focal Clear (MG or not) versus the Focal Clear Professional version.

Some say they are identical except appearance and packaging and others say they are tuned differently.

I could care less about the appearance but is there a definitive answer as to whether these headphones actually sound different?
Focal Clear and Focal Clear Pro are the same headphones with different color schemes and accessories.
Same goes for the Clear Mg and Clear Mg Pro, same build, same drivers, same everything except for color and accessories.

The Clear and the newer Clear Mg series are not the same and of course sounds different, which one is better is up to you to determine.

I don’t know why people get confused or have to try the regular vs the pro to say they sound the same, it is stated even in the official website.

Dismayed

Focal Clear and Focal Clear Pro are the same headphones with different color schemes and accessories.
Same goes for the Clear Mg and Clear Mg Pro, same build, same drivers, same everything except for color and accessories.

The Clear and the newer Clear Mg series are not the same and of course sounds different, which one is better is up to you to determine.

I don’t know why people get confused or have to try the regular vs the pro to say they sound the same, it is stated even in the official website.
Different color schemes! Surely they must sound different. I mean, if painting the edges of CDs green can improve airiness and bass slam, then . . .

OP
B

bkdc

Forum Donor
Haha. I was wondering whether the Professional was tuned very neutrally and the standard Clear Mg tuned more V shaped to appease the masses. Thanks for the info. I might save my cash and just try an Austrian Audio Hi-X65.

DS_Construct

I have both the OG Clear and the MG Pro. The tuning is slightly different. The MG Pro bass sounds very slightly enhanced in the lower end, the highs are a little less airy and don't have the occasional sibilance of the OGs. Both respond very well to EQ.

DS_Construct

And, I like them both.

Top Bottom