• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Floor stand recommendations for use with UMIK-1, please

Wizard509

Forum Donor
I just received my UMIK-1 from Cross-Spectrum. Please share your recommendations for a floor stand to use with it. THANK YOU!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Umik is pretty light so even cheap stands work. I prefer one with a round weighted base. Just simpler to use. One with a folding tripod base is fine. The advantages are being lighter and folding into a smaller easier to store size. Quite useful if you wish to take to a friend's house for instance.

radix

Major Contributor
Yeah, you can use even a lightweight small camera tripod. If doing an area with a couch, you either need a small tripod so you can put it on the couch and get the mic at ear level or a small boom so you can adjust it where ever.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Please share your recommendations for a floor stand to use with it. THANK YOU!
For in-room frequency response measurements, it's best to not use a stand at all and instead, to use the Moving Microphone Method.

As Floyd Toole put it: "Spatial-averaging of speaker measurements is criti-
cal —single-point measurements are erroneous and meaningless"

MMM is the most efficient way to do spatial averaging.

Top Bottom