• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

sonitus mirus

I'm glad my natural low-pass filters allows me to bypass such products. I'm not overly concerned about ultrasonic harmonics; however, I acknowledge that extending the range by two octaves could enhance audible performance by minimizing distortion and rolloff near the upper limit of human hearing. The frequency range (16kHz-60kHz) is only about 22-23 semitones.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Realize these are slightly more than the cost of a pair of March Audio Sointuva AWG's, and recently brand new Kef LS 60 Wirless speakers have gone on sale for $5,000. But I'm sure these are worth it.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Tannoy used to ( still do ) make a supertweeter, Fyne are all ex Tannoy employees including I believe the designer.
Keith.

Matt_Holland

Apparently we hear ultrasonics through our eyeballs.

The image below shows a typical super tweeter user “perceiving” their music in new ways.

IMG_5907.jpeg

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes try to build a proper crossover to the rest of the speaker, or even if its just an add on due to the distance from the normal tweeter smooth integration is not possible . You get interference pattern effects between the Tweeter and the supertweeter where they overlap ?

Speaker designs with very high crossover frequncies are not up to modern understanding of dispersion and beaming etc ?

However with a shallow enough filter it could maybe provide the same function as those ”ambience” Tweeter mounted on the back of speakers that where popular for a while ? I don’t know how these where suposed to work .
I had a pair of Snell EII with a Tweeter on the back .

Doenerkunde

To add to the omnidirectional super tweeters: Elacs 4kg heavy 4Pi Plus.2 with selectable 84-92db efficiency, 10, 12 and 15khz crossover points and an upper frequency limit of 53khz. Around 2.200€/pr.

6c73737d-5756-45c3-ac2d-790dec30145e_600x600.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
N.B. while I was looking up the Fostex datasheet, I was struck by the interesting truncation of an image on the google search. :)

1708986167952.png

IWISTAO HIFI
Empty Woo...

Empty Woo indeed.
:)

Bleib

Major Contributor
Cool, my Ino Audio piMx go to max 16khz. With these I can hear the rest in the upper regions.
I'll take 2

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bling to clean your bling!:D

Theta

You are right about that. The moderator can move this thread or posts there if he wants.:)

A Spectrum Beyond Hearing

Research reveals that musical instruments emit energy up to 50kHz and beyond frequencies once thought to be beyond our perception. Yet, research has shown that these ultrasonic tones do influence our auditory experience, even if they're not directly audible. The SuperTrax captures this spectrum, ensuring you're not just listening to music - you're perceiving it.

The last audio show I attended I voted Fyne audio "worst of show" Of course they did not have this: am I allowed to say, "stupid tweeter", if not, I apologize in advance for my "stupid opinion".

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Let’s help him with this.

Only happy to oblige. Merged here…

Top Bottom