• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
If you understand how SSDs work, which is modulating bit-perfect digital data from and into voltage levels that has extremely poor SNR in the analog domain inside the flash cells...Its becomes very easy to see why those purely digital "Hi-Fi" gear are so laughably silly.

Everybody knows that for the ultimate in high fidelity, you should use punch cards. :)

1709127750286.png

Of course, you'll need to locate the reader in a separate room, or it will really mess up your signal to noise ratio:

A CDs worth of data would require approximately 6,526,800 punch cards, so you'll need a model with an extended hopper. :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Everybody knows that for the ultimate in high fidelity, you should use punch cards. :)

View attachment 352927

Of course, you'll need to locate the reader in a separate room, or it will really mess up your signal to noise ratio:

A CDs worth of data would require approximately 6,526,800 punch cards, so you'll need a model with an extended hopper. :)
That would be awesome!
OK... now I want to hear Leroy Anderson's The Typewriter thus reproduced.

or, even better, live.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Now I want to see what sort of house you live in! I’d have to sell a bit more than my house to buy that abominable thing (not counting my soul)…
It's just an expression
10 houses like mine aren't even enough to afford it lol

Mikig

To add to the omnidirectional super tweeters: Elacs 4kg heavy 4Pi Plus.2 with selectable 84-92db efficiency, 10, 12 and 15khz crossover points and an upper frequency limit of 53khz. Around 2.200€/pr.

View attachment 352522
I recently saw them on an Elac speaker, but not as an accessory but already incorporated. I think they are late '90s speakers

Zimmerframe

What the hell is that thing (supposed to do) that he lifts up at the 3:32 mark?, a magic wand or something?
You don't have them ?

Everyone has Resonators...

The good thing is that they're adjustable. You can change the oil type and weight depending on your ambient temperature and altitude. Obviously most people have a Resonator rack with a selection of colour coded interchangeable resonators which are pre-configured for the atmospheric conditions on the day so you can achieve optimum performance.

Obviously the ones shown in the video are the base model Resonators.

If you're really really serious you go for the Active Resonators. These have an isolated remote fluid reservoir which feeds the electronically controlled internal Öhlins dampers built into each active resonator. The central control module is connected to 16 wireless AtSoWiz receivers strategically placed around your listening area. These all monitor atmospheric conditions and sound levels which the algorithm uses in conjunction with it's Starlink connection to monitor global tilt, speed and rotation to ensure your equipment is instantaneously optimally damped.

In response to the suggestion that many people also like to use "A Brick" instead. The company also offers a selection of Titanium bricks, these offer the advantage of being physically lighter and easier to handle than regular bricks, but provide a higher molecular density which is ten times more effective at reducing vibration than a regular brick.

AdrianusG

You don't have them ?

Everyone has Resonators...

The good thing is that they're adjustable. You can change the oil type and weight depending on your ambient temperature and altitude. Obviously most people have a Resonator rack with a selection of colour coded interchangeable resonators which are pre-configured for the atmospheric conditions on the day so you can achieve optimum performance.

Obviously the ones shown in the video are the base model Resonators.

If you're really really serious you go for the Active Resonators. These have an isolated remote fluid reservoir which feeds the electronically controlled internal Öhlins dampers built into each active resonator. The central control module is connected to 16 wireless AtSoWiz receivers strategically placed around your listening area. These all monitor atmospheric conditions and sound levels which the algorithm uses in conjunction with it's Starlink connection to monitor global tilt, speed and rotation to ensure your equipment is instantaneously optimally damped.

In response to the suggestion that many people also like to use "A Brick" instead. The company also offers a selection of Titanium bricks, these offer the advantage of being physically lighter and easier to handle than regular bricks, but provide a higher molecular density which is ten times more effective at reducing vibration than a regular brick.
Nope, doesn't "Resonate" with me;)

Justdafactsmaam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My brick goes to 11

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 352927

Don't drop the box ;)

Punter

Straight away I can hear how "live" the room is. There's maybe a 10-20ms reverb in there. Any assessment of the "system" will be colored by the room so the exercise would be pointless. If the speakers were placed in a room with adequate control, they would sound very different. This is what I love about the Audiophool, he will spend $10,000 on a power cable and $0 on room treatment!

Justdafactsmaam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Straight away I can hear how "live" the room is. There's maybe a 10-20ms reverb in there. Any assessment of the "system" will be colored by the room so the exercise would be pointless. If the speakers were placed in a room with adequate control, they would sound very different. This is what I love about the Audiophool, he will spend $10,000 on a power cable and $0 on room treatment!
10-20? I’m going with 450-600 milliseconds. Probably more from 150 hz down.

How the **** does this pass any smell test? ANY?

In all fairness Jay has spent a little time and money on room treatments in his own home system. But he has barely scratched the surface

Top Bottom