• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exposure 3010 S2D phono MM board or Schiit Mani ?

Dushawn

Hi guys,
Does anyone have experience with these two,
I need to add Phono card or preamp to my Exposure 3010 S2D, and I am wondering which is better.
To purchase internal Exposure 3010 S2D phono MM board or external phono preamp Schiit Mani ?
Thanks

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Hi guys,
Does anyone have experience with these two,
I need to add Phono card or preamp to my Exposure 3010 S2D, and I am wondering which is better.
To purchase internal Exposure 3010 S2D phono MM board or external phono preamp Schiit Mani ?
Thanks
Hi and welcome!

Statistically I think it's unlikely anybody here has been able to compare or measure both. But you never know, someone may pop up who has

So coming at it logically: the plug in module should work very well with your amplifier, since it's engineered to be compatible. Going down this route would also eliminate the need for extra expense on cables and will avoid the need for an extra mains socket. It also will avoid any risks from ground loops between a phono preamplifier and the integrated. On balance, it's the least risky option.

Why would you pick a standalone preamplifier? Modularity is quite useful. Suppose you want to upgrade the integrated amplifier. If you've bought a Mani, you need only focus on line level inputs in a new amplifier which would give you a wider choice of components.

In terms of performance, Exposure are a reputable company, so their module should be OK. However, I don't know how it would compare in terms of flat frequency amplitude, RIAA compliance, noise and overload margin.

Top Bottom