• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Examples of good usability in hi-fi equipment

anome

The Aiwa 6900MkII, great feature set, functionality, and nice tactile controls that just worked
rotate434.JPG

traded in a Yamaha TC800 to purchase, really the end of that era, at least for me, as we were already listening to vinyl that had been recorded digitally.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just about every piece of "high end" equipment knob that I rotated or switched during the Eighties felt just like the C-J or the Classe. Alps pots anyone?

My current CJ preamp uses two buttons for up and down volume. I prefer a volume knob - easier and more natural to use.

My Benchmark LA4 preamp has a volume knob, though my only misgiving is the plasticy feel.

My favourite volume knobs I’ve ever used were the SimAudio preamps (only in-store). They are large, metal, beautifully finished with silky smooth action.

Maybe I mentioned earlier in the thread but I had a custom remote built for my two channel system with a nice big knob. No more pushing buttons on small remotes or swiping my d*mned iPhone.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The Aiwa 6900MkII, great feature set, functionality, and nice tactile controls that just workedView attachment 296884

traded in a Yamaha TC800 to purchase, really the end of that era, at least for me, as we were already listening to vinyl that had been recorded digitally.
Is that a Yamaha (EDIT) T-1 I espy in the midst of that 'stack'? Cool. :cool:

Top Bottom