• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eq Yamaha RX-A3060

Stavka74

Wanting to Eq my Yamaha RX-A3060 with JBL 698 mains, 665C center and HSU 15" SW. The Yamaha PEQ is limited and wondering how best to do this. Have UMIK-1 and can generate REW measurements, generate EQ filters, but alignment with available PEQ filters in Yamaha is poor. Is there a way to place available Yamaha filters in REW and restrict EQ to available parameters?

Been scratching my head on how to do this and read through several threads. Thank you so very much for advice.

OP
S

Stavka74

Any more specific advice on how to do this? Kind of new to Eq. Have list of possible frequencies, gain and Q ranges. Would like to have a custom EQ limited to these and have software generate curve to flatten response. Then can place them manually into AVR.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Any more specific advice on how to do this? Kind of new to Eq. Have list of possible frequencies, gain and Q ranges. Would like to have a custom EQ limited to these and have software generate curve to flatten response. Then can place them manually into AVR.
In AutoEQ, upload your raw response and target curve as .csv, choose Custom Parametric Eq as the equalizer app, then enter your EQ constraints there.

You can then play around with the optimizer parameters like transition region, max slope, etc to get the best results.

OP
S

Stavka74

Guess I need figure out how to export REW measurement curves as CSV files and I'm in business!!!! This is excellent and should be able to get what I am after. Thank you staticV3.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Guess I need figure out how to export REW measurement curves as CSV files and I'm in business!!!! This is excellent and should be able to get what I am after. Thank you staticV3.
Actually, .txt files work as well I just noticed.

For target curves, check out

Top Bottom