• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edifier MR4 + Presonus Sub 8BT vs. bigger speakers

Hardtogain

Hello, I want to invest in a PC desktop setup and after some reading and information gathered (good and bad) I came to these options:

1. Edifier MR4 + Presonus Sub 8BT + Focusrite scarlett solo 3rd = 400 euros
2. Mackie MR524 or JBL 305p MK II + Focusrite scarlett solo 3rd = 350 euros

Room size is 4m x 6m
I'm more incline at the Edifier option being that is a smaller speaker = more desk room and by ading the sub would get me more or less the same sound quality as the second option (atleast this is my thought process regarding this subject)

So feel free to jump in with other options\thoughts.

Thank you.

another option for you: kali lp-unf
designed to be used on a desk, front firing ports for more placement freedom, built in DAC and usb input so if you don't want to record you can skip the interface

komhst

The 1st option is more practical, more "flexible" and giving a superior sound.

OP
H

Hardtogain

another option for you: kali lp-unf
designed to be used on a desk, front firing ports for more placement freedom, built in DAC and usb input so if you don't want to record you can skip the interface
You are right regarding the audio interface, I don't need such an expensive one being that I don't record.
I just need one for the speakers and my AKG K371 headphones so I will look for something cheaper.

As for kali lp-unf being so new can't find too much information/reviews about them but so far I see them as a niche product but time will tell.

The 1st option is more practical, more "flexible" and giving a superior sound.
That was also my presumption, thanks.

Top Bottom