• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(easy to drive) wired IEMs for pixel 4a? <250€

pwn87

for reference the asr review of the phone: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...oogle-pixel-4a-smartphone-audio-review.16251/
what headphones would you even use with this device?
i got it because i wanted a cheap, kinda small and kinda modern smartphone with a headphone jack.
found out afterwards that the headphone output is very limited (but the review was right, it sounds pretty great)
i'd be fine with installing a custom rom to bypass that limit if it helps. (any experiences?)

i'd love to get some 7hz timeless, but that probably wouldn't work very well, right?

can you recommend something incredible sounding to go with this weak phone?
i'd like to spend less than 150€, but 250€ is fine if it's as great as the 7hz timeless.

otherwise i could get the ZE3000 or jabra elite 7 pro for 140€ but i guess they won't sound as good as the timeless, even at my phone?

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Timeless will work fine, they are not hard to drive to very loud volumes from a headphone jack and still sound bloody impressive, I tried mine from the headphone out on a 16 yr old iriver h340 dap and they still sounded excellent, try them out and if you need extra oomph spend a few euros on a decent wee headphone dac/amp dongle.

They really are worthy of the hype.

edit : just tried them on my old iPod nano, the one with a clip - there’s plenty of volume and still sound as good.

(very good reviewer)

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not a small dongle like Meizu instead of directly plugged into the phone? 23 usd.

TimW

Major Contributor
I was just camping with my Pixel 4a 5G and new Moondrop Chu IEMs. Just used them to drown out some frogs with Maiden Voyage so I could fall asleep. Some of the easiest to drive and most tonally correct IEMs I've ever had. The Pixel doesn't quite get my Tin P1's up to my preferred volume.

OP
P

pwn87

are the timeless much better than the ze3000 even if i dont get an amp?

Top Bottom