• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Core series

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Has anyone heard them? Especially the Core 7
83_CORE7_1 (2).jpg

dfuller

Major Contributor
I was looking at the Core 47 for a second before I got my Footprints... Not a ton out there about them but they are Dynaudio's flagship studio line, so I'd expect them to at least be decent.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I was looking at the Core 47 for a second before I got my Footprints... Not a ton out there about them but they are Dynaudio's flagship studio line, so I'd expect them to at least be decent.
How's the Footprints working out for you so far?

lherrm

Pearljam, buy your Genelec and be happy.
There will always be something better afterwards, whatever you buy, whenever you buy.
The time you spend (not) choosing your speakers is the time you're not enjoying your speakers.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Pearljam, buy your Genelec and be happy.
There will always be something better afterwards, whatever you buy, whenever you buy.
The time you spend (not) choosing your speakers is the time you're not enjoying your speakers.
True, but if you bought the wrong speakers it's pretty hard to sell them used afterwards in my country so I have to be 100% sure lol

lherrm

True, but if you bought the wrong speakers it's pretty hard to sell them used afterwards in my country so I have to be 100% sure lol

You like the Genelec sound (your experience with 8030C) and look, the 8351B seems to have all the qualification you need, will probably be enough to make your ears bleed in your 3x3m room, it's one of the best Genelec speakers so it's likely one of the easiest speaker to resell if you wanted to, it's in the latest batch of Genelec refresh, it's below the $10k budget you said you have. Why not go for it already ?
There is no speaker you're chasing that you can be sure 100% of, because you probably won't be able to listen to them in your room before buying.

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Well the first mix I did with them was approved with no revisions, so there's that.
How are they for critical listening? I'm not a pro lol, I just listen to music.
You liked them more than the Genelecs?

dfuller

Major Contributor
How are they for critical listening? I'm not a pro lol, I just listen to music.
You liked them more than the Genelecs?
If you're just listening just go buy the Genelecs dude... The 8351 will do basically everything you want.

sharock

I'm afraid I can't contribute in relation to the Dynaudios. I'm just curious what speakers you're using at the moment @Pearljam5000? Did you own and then sell the 8030C?

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I'm afraid I can't contribute in relation to the Dynaudios. I'm just curious what speakers you're using at the moment @Pearljam5000? Did you own and then sell the 8030C?
HI, I had the KH120 and sold them (too dark sounding)
Then I heard the Genelecs and was sold :cool:
Just trying to decide which model

dfuller

Major Contributor
8351s. Call it a day.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Has anyone heard them? Especially the Core 7View attachment 114726

Yep, I've heard them and the Core 59.

I ultimately decided that the Core 59 was the better upgrade in terms of moving the sonic needle.

But I'd have to re-arrange my DAW set up to accommodate their size and listening distance, so temporarily postponed a decision until I decide if I really want to go through the hassle of upgrading to 3 way midfields.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are
a few “sure things”. You buy Genelec, Neumann , JBL, Dutch & Dutch and you’re likely to be a happy dude or dudess once things are dialed up.

if you can go for one of those. Spend the dough.
there is such a thing as Paralysis by (over) analysis

YSC

Major Contributor
HI, I had the KH120 and sold them (too dark sounding)
Then I heard the Genelecs and was sold :cool:
Just trying to decide which model
I think just get either one and then spend the rest of money and time optimising the whole setup is all you need. Be it placement, eq of room mode and add a sub. Especially if you are the only person enjoying it so you don’t need to optimise it through a large area where you need coaxial

phile2

Hi,
as said above : very few info vs Cores... :)

Questions to Core's owners :
- sound is better using the analogue or the AES input ?
- they have a word clock input : synchronizing the Core to the device upstream enhances their perf a lot, or subtle ?
- for a listening position at 3.4meters (11feet) from the speakers, treated room, speakers at 55° angle from listening position, 40m2 room : Core 7 or Core 59 ?

I ask that because :
- it's for home use, to change my 2.1 passive setup to active (I'll keep my Dynaudio 18s sub into the future setup).
- I listened to the Core59, very nice... That's the sound I'm looking for. But the retailer (test session) used the analogue input !
- as the Cores digitalize the analogue input. I wonder if feeding them thru AES is finally the right way to use them. It should, no ?
- they have a word clock input (for sync). I guess it's not there because it's nice to have one. It should be useful, no ?

=> my point is that, if digital inputs are better than analogue => I'll go for a digital interface. If digital input = analogue input, then I'll buy a DAC. (I don't want to buy 2 interfaces just for testing... ;-) )
Thanks for your feedbacks ! :)
Rgds

fragzone

Wow those speakers look like absolute ass. I mean $2500 AUD per monitor and to have exposed staples around the tweeter..... Good God.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Wow those speakers look like absolute ass. I mean $2500 AUD per monitor and to have exposed staples around the tweeter..... Good God.

They’re not staples :facepalm:

Top Bottom