• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch firmware update

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just a reminder that a new firmware update is available, simply connect your *cs to your LAN and leave on for at least 12 hours, the 8Cs app will inform you when thedownload is complete.

Keith

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wondering if my pair will come with the new firmware installed? I would guess so, given that they shipped from Dutch & Dutch last week? Guess I'll just ask my distributor.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If they don’t you too can have the expectation of waiting for 12 hours for the download to complete!
I am pretty sure they will though, and Eoon is almost ready, apparently!
BW Keith

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there any way to tell whether the firmware is being updated? I've left my 8Cs on for the last 18 hours but haven't seen any indication whether the update is complete or even in progress.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There should be an orange bar, stating ‘updating software’ or something similar , then when you look at easch speaker, It will say ‘awaiting upload’ and once downloaded
‘Up to date’.
It does take a while!
Keith

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There should be an orange bar, stating ‘updating software’ or something similar , then when you look at easch speaker, It will say ‘awaiting upload’ and once downloaded
‘Up to date’.
It does take a while!
Keith

Hmm, interesting. I've seen nothing like that yet. I'll leave 'em on a while longer.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was not! I was using the dev URL.

My 8Cs are now up to date. I'm glad to see the expansion of EQ filter banks from five to twenty-four in each speaker.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ran some measurements this afternoon in REW and dialed in new filters (10 in each speaker, all below 200 Hz). Lo and behold, the bass is more even now.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Attachments

• 6E671E52-B83A-496F-8B81-CBADACB90548.jpeg
    6E671E52-B83A-496F-8B81-CBADACB90548.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 132

andrew

What function does the "crescent" that is shown on the front page of the 8c in lanspeaker.com performan? I'm able to toggle on- and off, and suspect that it's related to late night listening but it'd be good to know

SSK84

Just a reminder that a new firmware update is available, simply connect your *cs to your LAN and leave on for at least 12 hours, the 8Cs app will inform you when thedownload is complete.

Keith
Hi Keith! I see that you use a variety of stands for the 8c. This one looks very promising! Do you have additional pictures and recommendation for heavy duty stands?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That particular stand is an HRs404 from the UK’s ‘Custom Design’, they also make an ‘open’ design which is suitable for the 8C, Liedke metalworks make some nice designs, might be worth looking at.
Keith

SSK84

Great news that the firmware update is available given the post from D&D about the major investment in firmware updates / stability. Any idea when the native smartphone app will be available to control the 8c?
You replied to a post which over a year old....

Top Bottom