• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP Measurements and Rising Noise Floor

OP
M

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@danstahl What is your source? Reason I ask is the Flex HT does not have bidirectional USB audio. If your source is multichannel PCM over HDMI from say an AppleTV, you can't use the Flex to route that HDMI input to CamillaDSP. Of course this isn't really a disadvantage of the Flex compared to the MOTU.

Also, isn't the Flex HT only $600?

I'd probably go Flex HT/HTx over MOTU unless you need the additional I/O of the MOTU.

Michael

danstahl

@danstahl What is your source? Reason I ask is the Flex HT does not have bidirectional USB audio. If your source is multichannel PCM over HDMI from say an AppleTV, you can't use the Flex to route that HDMI input to CamillaDSP. Of course this isn't really a disadvantage of the Flex compared to the MOTU.

Also, isn't the Flex HT only $600?

I'd probably go Flex HT/HTx over MOTU unless you need the additional I/O of the MOTU.

Michael
Flex HTx is what I meant. My source is a vero4k which is a linux platform, and could perform DSP before sending to the DAC (whether Motu or Flex HTx)

OP
M

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@danstahl That is a cool device, I haven't seen it before, definitely gives you some nice options.

You should be able to install minidsp-rs -> https://github.com/mrene/minidsp-rs on the Vero, which will allow you to remotely access the Device Console without the miniDSP wifi dongle.

I'd definitely go the Flex HTx for the display / remote. As you wouldn't be running CamillaDSP on a device with GPIO pins, it would make adding similar functionality to the MOTU more difficult.

Michael

Top Bottom