• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Anything Surpass The JBL STAGE A130's?

CardiganB

Screw those particular measurements. I'm enjoying sonic bliss for under four hundred bucks:
-A130 that sound like my frickin' Grados: 200.00
-RX-V1900 from Goodwill.com:
-NEC CD650E from The Bay:

CardiganB

Well anyhow, it's definitely worth trying it....I am after all just trying to help.

mj30250

Also, if you drink from a 12oz glass that is half full versus a 12oz glass that is half empty, the former will taste much better.

CardiganB

Ironically, it's arrogance like yours that is precisely why Harman Kardon is about to have a class action lawsuit slap them in the face. My ears aren't lying.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Ironically, it's arrogance like yours that is precisely why Harman Kardon is about to have a class action lawsuit slap them in the face. My ears aren't lying.
Uh huh.

Penelinfi

I guess now there's the Neumi silk 4
1708149337572.png

Erin :
1708149388338.png

MAB

Major Contributor
Erin's foul flavored A130 is nothing more than an alignment error. Here's mine, purchased fall of 2023, alignment restored by reversing polarity on both speakers. Try it. You will be stunned at the result. Everything improves.... imagining, resolution, vocal presence, clean low end....it's all there.
index.php
How do you know he didn't have the Klippel set to 'invert-polarity'?:) Or perhaps has an anti-entropy field stones which would itself invert the polarity of the entire room.

And, since I can't see the directional arrows on your speaker cables, how do I know that you don't have them running to your amp instead of to your speakers? And, I can't even see how free of oxygen the copper in those cables is. And where is the stiff outer jacket to block EMI? I bet they aren't even cryo, and probably not burned in correctly.

Have a wife or loved one help you do a blind test to see if you can tell. Get back to us.:)

CardiganB

So the golden eared circle wankers are certain that A130 sound the same connected either way. Well that's too bad because alot of people are getting cheated.

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
So the golden eared circle wankers are certain that A130 sound the same connected either way. Well that's too bad because alot of people are getting cheated.
Uh huh.

CardiganB

Ahhhhh the irony never quits. A newbie getting ridiculed on a hifi forum by those unable to recognize a speaker designed with a correct phase...a gift to the world you are.

Last edited:

Beave

Major Contributor
phase bias :D

(His post said "phase bias," but now he has edited it for at least the 2nd tiime)

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
Ahhhhh the irony never quits. A newbie getting ridiculed on a hifi forum by those unable to recognize a speaker designed with a correct phase...a gift to the world you are.
Okay, I was going to let this go away, but no. This is absurd.

Reversing the speaker wires does not change a damn thing. All you're doing when you reverse both speakers' polarity is changing which way a voltage moves the driver. Neither is "correct". You cannot get rid of excess phase rotation by doing this. While it is possible to make a passive all-pass filter, I have not once seen it done in a speaker crossover - only in actives. Besides that, more complex passive crossovers equal more insertion loss and therefore lower sensitivity on top of higher BOM costs.

All the above is moot, because there is no excess phase rotation in this speaker because the crossovers are competently designed. The phase wrap at the crossover is about as textbook as it gets.

Last edited:

Penelinfi

Okay, I was going to let this go away, but no. This is absurd.

Reversing the speaker wires does not change a damn thing. All you're doing when you reverse both speakers' polarity is changing which way a voltage moves the driver. Neither is "correct". You cannot get rid of excess phase rotation by doing this. While it is possible to make a passive all-pass filter, I have not once seen it done in a speaker crossover - only in actives. Besides that, more complex passive crossovers equal more insertion loss and therefore lower sensitivity on top of higher BOM costs.

All the above is moot, because there is no excess phase rotation in this speaker because the crossovers are competently designed. The phase wrap at the crossover is about as textbook as it gets.
Zaph zd5 uses a ladder delay network. Not sure if that qualifies as an all-pass

audio2920

Surely they're just trolling?

It did make me wonder though... Hypothetically, if the speaker presented an asymmetric load (acoustic loading or just driver behaviour in general) AND the source was asymmetrical (because of the content, or a bad amp etc.) then just maybe it could make a difference when flipping the phase??

I'm not suggesting this is real.

CardiganB

Screw those particular measurements. I'm enjoying sonic bliss for under four hundred bucks:
-A130 that sound like my frickin' Grados: 200.00
-RX-V1900 from Goodwill.com:
-NEC CD650E from The Bay:
This was stupid. I lost interest in my headphones because of my A130's, I'm not using the V1900 lately because my fifteen dollar HTR-5730 has a wider soundstage, better transparency and a nicer frequency profile. And I'm done pretending the NEC is as good as my Music Hall CD25 in it's own ways. I think it has better resolution. The Music Hall stomps it at everything else.

Last edited:

CardiganB

This was stupid. I lost interest in my headphones because of my A130's, I'm not using the V1900 lately because my fifteen dollar HTR-5730 has a wider soundstage, better transparency and a nicer frequency profile. And I'm done pretending the NEC is as good as my Music Hall CD25 in it's own ways. I think it has better resolution. The Music Hall stomps it at everything else.
Haha. Nope, I was so wrong about the cd players. The refined sounding Music Hall is more pleasant (and complimentary) with the inherent "flaws" of my speakers (and loudspeakers in general) but with headphones that ancient NEC is a magic box of richness, unleashing an orgasmic amount of information in comparison. I'm so lucky to have the NEC CD-650. Thank you Jesus!
(How did I suddenly realize this after a year? Well it's because I pulled the circles of mesh tape off my Grados when I decided to remove the hairs trapped inside. That tape was blocking detail and attenuating the mids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom