• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did Anyone Buy from the Recent Shenzen Audio Sale?

S=klogW

I bought two items in their most recent sale, a Moondrop portable DAC and a Tanchjim Space lite portable DAC. Both beautifully and safely packaged with the outer box undamaged in transit from China to the UK; both dead on arrival! I bought a good number of items from Shenzen Audio last year and they all worked as expected; but these were not bought from one of their price-drop sales. Am I doubly unlucky this time, or are sales meant for "offloading" less than A-grade units? The quality control cards in both boxes said "PASS!" I dread the returns process (starting with the standard: "send us a video of your devices in the process of non-functioning, please"). For me: Lesson learned; once bitten, twice shy! Back to Amazon and the warm comfort of hassle-free return and refund.
Did anyone else buy from the Shenzen Audio sale? Was it a good or bad experience?
IMG_2751.jpg

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I bought two items in their most recent sale, a Moondrop portable DAC and a Tanchjim Space lite portable DAC. Both beautifully and safely packaged with the outer box undamaged in transit from China to the UK; both dead on arrival! I bought a good number of items from Shenzen Audio last year and they all worked as expected; but these were not bought from one of their price-drop sales. Am I doubly unlucky this time, or are sales meant for "offloading" less than A-grade units? The quality control cards in both boxes said "PASS!" I dread the returns process (starting with the standard: "send us a video of your devices in the process of non-functioning, please"). For me: Lesson learned; once bitten, twice shy! Back to Amazon and the warm comfort of hassle-free return and refund.
Did anyone else buy from the Shenzen Audio sale? Was it a good or bad experience?View attachment 309702
How did you test them?

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I did, and it was fine. On the rare occasion when I have had a problem, such as with a failed iem, I have always found customer service helpful and happy to replace faulty products.

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Now we all know the power of a few bad reviews to instill fear into our souls.

there is nothing to fear but the internet itself…

good luck, I have had no problems so far. But cheap stuff is cheap stuff.

OP
S=klogW

S=klogW

How did you test them?
I plugged the moondrop's USB into my Win10 machine and it was not recognised; plugged it in to a Mac Mini and same problem. The Tanchjim was recognized in both machines but is silent music-wise, just a very quiet clicking heard. In contrast, the Moondrop Dawn balanced that I bought last year connects and is recognised instantly and plays music without issue in both PC and Mac Mini.

OP
S=klogW

S=klogW

I did, and it was fine. On the rare occasion when I have had a problem, such as with a failed iem, I have always found customer service helpful and happy to replace faulty products.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the encouraging message.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I plugged the moondrop's USB into my Win10 machine and it was not recognised; plugged it in to a Mac Mini and same problem. The Tanchjim was recognized in both machines but is silent music-wise, just a very quiet clicking heard. In contrast, the Moondrop Dawn balanced that I bought last year connects and is recognised instantly and plays music without issue in both PC and Mac Mini.
Did you try with android?The Tanchjim needs a couple of tries sometimes on my phone.

OP
S=klogW

S=klogW

Not Android, I don't have any such devices. The sales info says that both work on PCs, so it must be a couple of faulty items.

OP
S=klogW

S=klogW

Sent this to Shenzen yesterday:

"Hello,

I just received my items in the post and, sad to say, both items are dead on arrival!

My order is Order #SZA######.

Where do I send these faulty goods to, please?

Mark.

P.S. The two Moondrop Dawn Pro that I bought after this purchase both work perfectly."

Today I received from Shenzen Support:

"
whats the dead situation u mean,
could u pls describe more about it?

regards,

R########

[email protected] ".

So I've just sent back:
"
Yes, when I plug the Moondrop Click into the USB port the device is not detected so it's impossible to use it. When I plug in the Tanchjim Space Lite the device is detected and correctly named, but when audio is played to it only a faint click is heard - no music at all.

Contrasts with the two good, working Moondrop Dawn Pro that I bought from Shenzen Audio two days later. These are plugged in, get recognised immediately and music plays bautifully through them. This proves I know how to make portable DACs play if they are not faulty. The Moondrop Click and the Tanchjim Space Lite that I purchased from you are faulty.
Please provide an RMA number now and the address to post items to.

Mark. "

What will be their reply? Place your bets! - Capitulation or "Send us a video of your devices in the process of non-functioning, please"?

OP
S=klogW

S=klogW

So now I've got the lowdown on ease of return of faulty Shenzen Audio products relative to returns process for an Amazon purchase for someone like me in the UK.

Shenzen support:

"
thanks for ur reply!
sure we can help u return, heres the shipment info:
1. The returned shipping cost and duties(if have) should be covered by you
2. Return requests made between 7 and 30 days after the order is marked as delivered will be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
3. Be sure it's in good condition with all the accessories included, no damage, no lost, or we might charge extra 50% damage fee, and the cost of accessories will be deducted if lost.
4. Shipping address: Consignee: R#### H### Telnumber: 0086-134#######5 Address: 4F 405, Building F, No.2 Shangxue Science and Technology North, Bantian Street, Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 518129
1. Pls declare under 50USD
2. Leave a note about your order number and issues into the pacakge
3. Be sure to let me know the trackingnumber for tracking timely
regards,

"
Would you go through all the above for two items that cost US $60, or say never again, miss a meal at the diner and make all future purchases with Amazon; Audiophonics etc.?

Shenzen Audio:

1694086419398.jpeg

Top Bottom