• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop "rack"....

Shanerr

Anyone have a suggestion for a desktop rack for my headphone station? Looking for ideas, what others may be using. Biggest piece is the Monolith 887, needs to be 3 tiered, or 2 shelves with a bottom opening, if that makes sense. Monolith, Schiit Lokius, Topping D50S.. Doesn't need to be expensive and would prefer to get from Amazon due to a credit.. Thanks all!!!

Last edited:

dufferdan

I also have interest in a desktop rack for Schiit Bifrost/Magnius and Valhalla 2. I see many in photos on DROP website, etc. The chrome and glass look is awesome to me, but no idea where to find or how to build. Any thoughts more than welcome.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would love to find the Gustard One Series rack they use in their product photos:
gustard rack.jpg

Martin

Martini

Forum Donor
I would love to find the Gustard One Series rack they use in their product photos:
Martin

I bet they want much more than it's worth, with the obligatory audiophile pricing. I'd like to get something smaller too, as my AHB2 & LA4 look lost on my old Billy Bags rack. It was fine for my old equipment but, a little much for these.

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Don't know why you couldn't build one to suit...

Gene LeClair

Yeah, building something yourself is typically more expensive than just buying something.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah, building something yourself is typically more expensive than just buying something.
Depends on how you make it. I really see no flaw in building it yourself as the commercial product will have extra costs factored into it like overhead, R&D, building hours/labor, etc. This is a desktop rack for smaller components so the materials are also reduced in size. It really should not be expensive.

Habu

Last edited:

Gene LeClair

Depends on how you make it. I really see no flaw in building it yourself as the commercial product will have extra costs factored into it like overhead, R&D, building hours/labor, etc. This is a desktop rack for smaller components so the materials are also reduced in size. It really should not be expensive.
It's not the material that is expensive, it's the labor. Take the Topping rack for example. It costs like less than 40€. So how many hours of work would you be willing do for 40€?

(Another reason not to DIY is of course tools and equipment you need. It would take a lot of DIY projects for that stuff to pay for itself)

deafenears

Forum Donor
Audio Bastion X-Racks. Mix and match the two available sizes.

Roland68

Major Contributor
View attachment 187817

Martin
There was this rack on Aliexpress, but it cost well over 300 euros.

What should such a desktop rack for 2 - 3 devices cost?

Top Bottom