• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon DCD-600NE Big Disappointment or Bad Luck

Wilbury

I got a Denon PMA-600NE amp about a month ago. The amp generally produced a good impression, although I had certain doubts regarding its quality (the transformer could probably be quieter and the amp could be free from smells). Anyhow, I chose to keep it.

Now I bought what I thought to be a good companion to the amp, -- a Denon DCD-600NE CD player. I brought it home and was eager to test it with the amp... Took it out of the box and ... wow! ... the amp is not standing firmly on an even sufrace either because the legs are not properly adjusted or--more likely--because the whole chassis might be warped. It wobbles diagonally as a washing machine whose legs have not been adjusted yet. Unlike the washing machine, though, Denon's legs are not adjustable, afaik.

So, my first impulse is to return the player back to the shop and part with the "expectations of magic" when buying a not too cheap hi-fi component from a trusted brand, and to buy something basic and much more affordable like a Madison MAD-CD10 without expecting wonders while risking less of a disappointment.

Any advice from the hi-fi gurus, please?

Last edited:
Top Bottom