• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR X4500h with a stereo amp

OP
japesinjapan

japesinjapan

Just that the editor app curves aren't available in pure direct....just not clear which way you're going currently.
Ah, got it. I should say that I've tried two patterns, one being to work with the editor app which has be very happy whlith the home theatre, but I did not enjoy it for music and the problems we've spoken of above are regarding when I've tried to dial things in with the editor app for music listening. As such, I've since given up on music with custom curves, and now use pure direct. I've had athe best music results using it for music. For home theatre, the app is working quite well though.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, got it. I should say that I've tried two patterns, one being to work with the editor app which has be very happy whlith the home theatre, but I did not enjoy it for music and the problems we've spoken of above are regarding when I've tried to dial things in with the editor app for music listening. As such, I've since given up on music with custom curves, and now use pure direct. I've had athe best music results using it for music. For home theatre, the app is working quite well though.
Curious, so music in a soundtrack sounds great using the eq but when you play it on a cd or something it doesn't? That's just not an experience I've had generally. The only time I get differences is due poor recording, which I find more often on the music than soundtrack side of things....

Top Bottom