• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Controversial study shows rats prefer jazz to classical music, when on drugs

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
KOOL... I buy legal 20-23% THC Indica by the ounce (28 grams) because that's the legal quantity limit in Canada for possession and it costs about $125.00 + 5% tax versus buying by the gram @ $12.00-14.00 each or the 3.5 gram quantity for $25.00-65.00

I have never eaten cannabis. When it kicks in is the chillaxing similar to smoking it? How long is usually required for the effect and how long does it last?

It's a bit different.

Comes on slower, but lasts longer.

Dose titration is tricky because of the time delay.

It's easy to overdo it when new to edibles.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Good to know because I was considering eating a couple of buds or making tea and seeing what happens. That would be a waste of good flower.

Not much effect to just eat it plain or make a tea.

Classic "cooking with weed" recipes involve cooking it with a fat like butter.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
To kick off my 5 day weekend, last night I had 15 mg of cannabis edibles, paired with some local white wine.
15 mg appears to be a light dose from looking at the local retailer's menu that I am looking at. It's very economical if 15mg is a good dose.
edibles.png

Robin L

Master Contributor
Not much effect to just eat it plain or make a tea.

Classic "cooking with weed" recipes involve cooking it with a fat like butter.
There's a new version in "Sweet Mary Jane", Decarboxylation via baking, take the heated cannabis, soak in Everclear, let sit for about an hour, strain out the bud remnants, pour over sugar, evaporate the alcohol in the sugar using the oven's lowest temperature, stirring until dry. Has a longer shelf life, less skunk smell and flavor:
9781583335659.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There's a new version in "Sweet Mary Jane", Decarboxylation via baking, take the heated cannabis, soak in Everclear, pour over sugar, evaporate the alcohol in the sugar using the oven's lowest temperature. Has a longer shelf life, less skunk smell and flavor:

View attachment 143735
Lol... I'm scared I would blow the windows out of the place with alcohol vapours. :D

Robin L

Master Contributor
Lol... I'm scared I would blow the windows out of the place with alcohol vapours. :D
Be sure you've got the vent over the stove running and that you're on good terms with your neighbors.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
There's a new version in "Sweet Mary Jane", Decarboxylation via baking, take the heated cannabis, soak in Everclear, let sit for about an hour, strain out the bud remnants, pour over sugar, evaporate the alcohol in the sugar using the oven's lowest temperature, stirring until dry. Has a longer shelf life, less skunk smell and flavor:View attachment 143737

Jeeeze....

I can just buy edibles pre-made.

That's way too much work.

I don't try to make my own wine from scratch; I'm okay outsourcing my cannabis eats, too.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Jeeeze....

I can just buy edibles pre-made.

That's way too much work.

I don't try to make my own wine from scratch; I'm okay outsourcing my cannabis eats, too.
I like tending to roses as well. Some sorts of activities are just great for shutting down the mind.

In any case, I just moved, don't want to test my relations with my neighbors before I get to know them.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
KOOL... I buy legal 20-23% THC Indica by the ounce (28 grams) because that's the legal quantity limit in Canada for possession and it costs about $125.00 + 5% tax versus buying by the gram @ $12.00-14.00 each or the 3.5 gram quantity for $25.00-65.00

I have never eaten cannabis. When it kicks in is the chillaxing similar to smoking it? How long is usually required for the effect and how long does it last?

Edibles are somewhat less predictable as to how it will effect you both in effect and how long it lasts for you, but can't really say how you might experience the difference between smoking and edibles otoh in general. Just need to experiment. The consistently made edibles vs home-made can be different, too as far as trying to estimate effect. These days I prefer oil cartridges and edibles (both make my own as well as buy 'em at the dispensary) over rolling up a doob, tho....after almost 50 years of mostly rolling joints, too.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good to know because I was considering eating a couple of buds or making tea and seeing what happens. That would be a waste of good flower.

That would indeed be a waste of buds. Unless you decarboxylate of course and better to transfer into a fat/oil than tea (but don't like tea much myself so never looked into that particularly).

Robin L

Master Contributor
And now we know why rats prefer Jazz to Classical, 10 to 1!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Edibles are somewhat less predictable as to how it will effect you both in effect and how long it lasts for you, but can't really say how you might experience the difference between smoking and edibles otoh in general. Just need to experiment. The consistently made edibles vs home-made can be different, too as far as trying to estimate effect. These days I prefer oil cartridges and edibles (both make my own as well as buy 'em at the dispensary) over rolling up a doob, tho....after almost 50 years of mostly rolling joints, too.
I dislike rolling so I use a small flexible silicon hand pipe that I can easily slip in my pocket and not worry about breaking it. I'm considering switching over to vaping it and maybe try the kief and concentrates combined with the pipe. So many options. It's awesome prohibition is over. :D
cannabis 2.png

cannabis 3.png

Robin L

Master Contributor
That would indeed be a waste of buds. Unless you decarboxylate of course and better to transfer into a fat/oil than tea (but don't like tea much myself so never looked into that particularly).
It has to be transferred via something that acts as a solvent with resin. 170 proof alcohol qualifies as an edible solvent that leaves no taste of its own. So, the resin deposits itself on the sugar using Karen Lazarus' recipe.

Robin L

Master Contributor

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I dislike rolling so I use a small flexible silicon hand pipe that I can easily slip in my pocket and not worry about breaking it. I'm considering switching over to vaping it and maybe try the kief and concentrates combined with the pipe. So many options. It's awesome prohibition is over. :D
View attachment 143746
View attachment 143747
Yeah in the old days I'd be lucky to run into any one product at a given time, now its lots of choice all the time....not a bad way to go. Just so sad the silly government/propaganda that preceded it.....

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah in the old days I'd be lucky to run into any one product at a given time, now its lots of choice all the time....not a bad way to go. Just so sad the silly government/propaganda that preceded it.....
Lotsa people where permanently hurt (criminalized) by prohibition and what came with that. I know some and they all staunchly refused to stop toking. :facepalm: Next magic shrooms should be legalized.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lotsa people where permanently hurt (criminalized) by prohibition and what came with that. I know some and they all staunchly refused to stop toking. :facepalm: Next magic shrooms should be legalized.

In some places they have been (try Oakland, CA for example). I vote for peyote/mescalin and acid, too. The drug war was a waste of time and money and lives.

Top Bottom