• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Clearly state location and shipping area in Items For Sale threads?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a quick suggestion for the Audio Equipment For Sale or To Buy category.

Would it be possible for everyone posting in this area to clearly state in titles where the seller is located and where the product could eventually be shipped?
As some already do.

For instance:

- [EU - Germany] RME ADI-2 DAC V2 - ships to Europe
- [EU - Belgium] Neumann KH150 - ships to BE, FR, LU, NL
- [US - Texas] Benchmark AHB2 - ships to CONUS & CA
- [Japan - Tokyo] Denon PMA-A100 - ships worldwide

And so on. Not that I'm looking at you, US fellows, but no, not everybody here is living in CONUS (far from it, indeed). ;) Often, the only way to figure out where you are is your asking price being stated in $ (not even USD, just $).

JSmith

Master Contributor
Would it be possible for everyone posting in this area to clearly state in titles where the seller is located and where the product could eventually be shipped?
Yep, agree 100%.

In fact if possible, when a member opens a new FS thread there should be a template that is needed to be completed with the key details;

Location of item (Country, State, City)
Price (instant/reserve)
Condition
Pictures

The way it works in some forums is the seller sets an instant (like buy now) and reserve price (lowest they will sell) and people can offer higher if they wish. However the seller can pick who they wish to sell to and for what price, i.e. the seller is not obliged to sell to the highest offer.

JSmith

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Just a quick suggestion for the Audio Equipment For Sale or To Buy category.

As some already do.

For instance:

- [EU - Germany] RME ADI-2 DAC V2 - ships to Europe
- [EU - Belgium] Neumann KH150 - ships to BE, FR, LU, NL
- [US - Texas] Benchmark AHB2 - ships to CONUS & CA
- [Japan - Tokyo] Denon PMA-A100 - ships worldwide

And so on. Not that I'm looking at you, US fellows, but no, not everybody here is living in CONUS (far from it, indeed). ;) Often, the only way to figure out where you are is your asking price being stated in $ (not even USD, just $).

I think that's a good idea

Let me talk to @AdamG247 and @amirm about it.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I think that's a good idea

Let me talk to @AdamG247 and @amirm about it.
This is already a requirement: See link below. 1st Post.

- Your ad must have a requested price and you can say you will entertain reasonable offers.
- Include where you are willing to ship and who pays for shipping can be worked out between Seller and buyer.

Have added further clarity on these specific details required. See below modified text:

- Your ad must have a requested price and you can say you will entertain reasonable offers. (Include what Region/Location/Country)
- Include where you are willing to ship and who pays for shipping. (Specifics can be worked out between Seller and buyer.)

Last edited:
OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is already a requirement: See link below. 1st Post.

- Your ad must have a requested price and you can say you will entertain reasonable offers.
- Include where you are willing to ship and who pays for shipping can be worked out between Seller and buyer.

Have added further clarity on these specific details required. See below modified text:

- Your ad must have a requested price and you can say you will entertain reasonable offers. (Include what Region/Location/Country)
- Include where you are willing to ship and who pays for shipping. (Specifics can be worked out between Seller and buyer.)
Thanks, Adam ! :)

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Clearly not applied for now...
1000019597.png

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Na, I'm sorry @AdamG247 , but I just gave it another check, and very few ones are doing it. (sometimes, somewhere far in the post, sometimes not at all. Even saw "local pickup" without even stating where "local" is :facepalm:)
When I suggested "Clearly", I really meant straight in thread titles.

Anyway, just a suggestion.;)

AdamG

Forum Donor
Na, I'm sorry @AdamG247 , but I just gave it another check, and very few ones are doing it. (sometimes, somewhere far in the post, sometimes not at all. Even saw "local pickup" without even stating where "local" is :facepalm:)

Please go to each listing that is not following the rules and report them. Thank you for your help with this.

AdamG

Forum Donor

I have further Revised the For Sale Thread creation Rules to try to make the Ads easier to understand the geographical area the seller is advertising and willing to ship. Thank for this feedback and assistance in improving our website.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have further Revised the For Sale Thread creation Rules to try to make the Ads easier to understand the geographical area the seller is advertising and willing to ship. Thank for this feedback and assistance in improving our website.
No. Thanks to you, Adam and Brad, for your hard work around here ! ;)

Top Bottom