• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chinese Purifi 1ET400A Clone amp ???

Dmaumau

Hello @amirm and guys,

Browsing the Aliexpress site I found out an Ayima SMSL Purifi 1ET499A Clone amp !?!

Have anyone else seen, bought and/or tested it ?

Stereo Class D for 800 bucks ?

AIYIMA SMSL Amplifier 1:1 Replica hypex Purifi 1ET400A LM UCD MIN 2.0 Stereo 350W Class D Digital Hifi Power Amplifier Audio​

Sbf18553403254ce0aff25d133b75e1b4c.jpg

S4320a6c3725049a39ed6a7308afe370eW.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Fake and expensive? Good luck.

OP
D

Dmaumau

This is definitely a pass when I know I can get a VTV unit for only around $300 more. I own an Aiyima A07 and I like it. I also own a Purifi Eval 1 I assembled from parts, and I love it. IMHO, Aiyima should just stay in their lane.
Not really shure it is an Aiyima product. It seems really sketchy.

Reactions: GDK

nsfgp

It is just a DIY home-brew type of product I think. Not a fake. Already tested by Wolf few months ago:
Wolf tested the one w/o volume pot.

Silly name the seller has: "AIYIMA SMSL AIYIMA SMSL Amplifier specialty store Store" LOL.
They probably will have a sister outfit on Aliexpress called: "Apple Lenovo Samsung Apple Lenovo Samsung specialty store" :p

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is just a DIY home-brew type of product I think. Not a fake. Already tested by Wolf few months ago:

Silly name the seller has: "AIYIMA SMSL AIYIMA SMSL Amplifier specialty store Store" LOL.
They probably will have a sister outfit on Aliexpress called: "Apple Lenovo Samsung Apple Lenovo Samsung specialty store" :p
Those do look like excellent measurements, and the boards do look like 1et400a Purifi boards, but still I think overpriced, with a highly dubious warranty. Also, I don't see any Aiyima branding. And this also raises the question whether whoever is selling this is infringing on Purifi's patents, and if this unit uses stolen intellectual property, which I, for one, would want no part of.

OP
D

Dmaumau

Thanks man. In fact it seems like a very interesting amp, judging by Wolf´s measurements.

nsfgp

How the fuck can a Class D DIY project perform this well?

If anything the measurements confirmed it's a fake. and from the looks of it a really good fake.
May be a copyright lawyer can chime in here. It is obvious you are not getting a Purifi Module inside. The seller is playing the title/description game as "1:1 Replica Hypex Purifi 1ET400A" which does not even make sense. A "Purifi-Clone" it seems what it is inside or what they want you to think it is. Like many of those "Marantz 7 Clone", "Matisse Clone", etc. out there I guess.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
OP
D

Dmaumau

Don´t think any lawyer will chime in about any chinese clone and copyright laws in Denmark.

OP
D

Dmaumau

If you're going to get a replica, why mess around with a fake Purifi?

Get a Pass amplifer instead. Especially one with bile flavor. Yum.

Class A HIFI Post Amplifier Bile Flavor Resistant King​

View attachment 224064
Hmmmmm bile flavor ? If the shipping costs were less than 55% of the bile price, I would order one right now.

mSpot

Here is a listing of the same product from a different store, with more photos and information.

The seller is playing the title/description game as "1:1 Replica Hypex Purifi 1ET400A" which does not even make sense.
On AliExpress, titles often don't make sense because vendors throw in words to make the listing come up on searches. The one I linked has the title "Class D digital power amplifier Purifi, hypex, 1et400a, LM, UCD, MIN400A". Obviously they want to catch customers searching for hypex amps, hoping that they'll consider something else in the same category.

Last edited:

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Might be fake, might not be fake. You don't know until you measure it and check the board. These modules are produced in China, so wouldn't be surprised if the same factory produces some extra on the side.

Massimo

Might be fake, might not be fake. You don't know until you measure it and check the board. These modules are produced in China, so wouldn't be surprised if the same factory produces some extra on the side.
Might be fake, might not be fake? Seriously??

It's marketed as a "Replica Hypex Purifi 1ET400A"

Mario Sanchez

China has become synonymous with Fake, a problem which goes back decades when the Chinese government introduced a policy to encourage this shameful practice.

Fake China – where copyright means copy-it-right​

Please refrain from spreading stereotypical impressions, Chinese manufacturers aren't just about cheaping out and copying others' designs, there are original designs reviewed here which turns in above-average performance at acceptable prices.

Besides, looking at the measurements, at least the (reverse) engineering on this particular clone was sound. Yes, this absolutely goes against what intellectual property is all about, but this device can be a friendly introduction to high-performance, high power class-D designs for local enthusiasts who are a bit short on budget, some of which will, hopefully, convert to "OG" purifi or hypex when they have more change in their pocket.

With all that said, I would agree that it's a dim move for the company to try selling them outside the country, especially since module/machine pricing for real purifi modules are more reasonable, and budgets much less constrained compared to within the country. Leaving this clone uncompetitive in pricing, and short on originality.

Top Bottom