• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cayin iDAC-6 MK2 does not support USB 32 bit PCM under both windows and mac?!

shinewu

I recently joined the drop group buy of this DAC. Can't be happier, looks great and sounds great too.
However, this device just doesn't support 32 bit PCM under both windows and mac.
I installed the latest driver 5.57 on windows. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc.

I am pretty sure it is not the USB cable. I tried my own cable that works perfectly with Topping E70.
I also tried the blue cable that comes with the device. Still I can only use up to 24 bit.

I contacted the Cayin support, and they claim they are working on a firmware update to
address this. And they even claim the firmware is under development.

However, given that this model is in production for almost 3 years. I kind of find it hard-to-believe
that they are developing a firmware to fix this. I hope this is going to happen.
And if they fail to address this, I think I will never buy another Cayin product ever again.
It is one thing to make a defective product and it is another to lie to customers.

Mixolidian

I bought a cayin CS 55 amp two years ago. It has an internal dac to which you can connect a pc via usb. Three months ago I started having problems with the dac. I have tried different cables with different drivers from the cayin website, with different PCs I have even reinstalled Windows. Cayin's technical service told me to talk to the seller. I sent him the amplifier two months ago and he tells me that he has sent it to the cayin technical service and that there are compatibility problems between the latest Windows updates and the cayin one. I've been without my amp for 3 months. I'm starting to get annoyed with this issue. It is unjustifiable that a company of these characteristics does not update its software to Windows

Mixolidian

I recently joined the drop group buy of this DAC. Can't be happier, looks great and sounds great too.
However, this device just doesn't support 32 bit PCM under both windows and mac.
I installed the latest driver 5.57 on windows. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc.

I am pretty sure it is not the USB cable. I tried my own cable that works perfectly with Topping E70.
I also tried the blue cable that comes with the device. Still I can only use up to 24 bit.

I contacted the Cayin support, and they claim they are working on a firmware update to
address this. And they even claim the firmware is under development.

However, given that this model is in production for almost 3 years. I kind of find it hard-to-believe
that they are developing a firmware to fix this. I hope this is going to happen.
And if they fail to address this, I think I will never buy another Cayin product ever again.
It is one thing to make a defective product and it is another to lie to customers.
Has your problema something to do with mine?

Top Bottom